`earache express` on its way .....

waterfalls212434

On 6/1/2017 at 0:20 PM, Will-2609 said:

Didn't realise their lineup had been added. Ho99o9 on Thursday night will be ideal.

Why do bands have to use weird characters in their names? I had to ask a friend how to pronounce this- I'd go for "ho nine nine o nine", not Horror. it's like Chvrches all over again!

Ch ver ches. I mean really. My inner grammar nazi is very twitchy!!! 

10 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Why do bands have to use weird characters in their names? I had to ask a friend how to pronounce this- I'd go for "ho nine nine o nine", not Horror. it's like Chvrches all over again!

Ch ver ches. I mean really. My inner grammar nazi is very twitchy!!! 

To me 9s look like gs so I thought it was Hoggog at first glance.

To be fair to Chvurches I head on here that it was a savvy choice for findability on tinternet search engines (SEO and all that)

8 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

To me 9s look like gs so I thought it was Hoggog at first glance.

To be fair to Chvurches I head on here that it was a savvy choice for findability on tinternet search engines (SEO and all that)

Let's call them Hoggog! That's good! 

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

What do you mean?

Heck usually all bugger off into the audience whilst playing, and then often out of the venue, in the loo, at the bus stop outside... They still manage to sound pretty good whilst they are at it. I think I saw the drummer crowd surf once with his drums...

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone actually get in? Tried to Thursday for Ho99o9 but not a chance.

Spoke to the guy who was running it and he said he was genuinely amazed by the response and said they were only expecting 50 odd people. Pleased for them but hope they get a bigger stage next time!

saw ho99o9 and wormrot in there, Thursday night and Saturday night respectively - it was brilliant in there. Friendly staff, amazing tunes, really good punters, ridiculous bonkers venue - I bloody loved it, I'd move in if I could! 

I chatted to the Earache guy too, he was a nice fella - I said I'd be really happy to volunteer/work it if they get invited back, by the sounds of things he'd love to make it regular thing 

I managed to get in and the queue didn't seem that bad to me? I was just lucky I guess!

Extreme Noise Terror were on and seemed genuinely confused if appreciative of how weird the set-up of the tube was as well as the fact it was a band like them playing Glastonbury. That being said they had their fun with it and were pretty stellar.

Less stellar was the twat who thought it'd be funny to shout skinhead/ Skrewdriver, thankfully the frontman heard and showed up the heckler, the look on the twat's face when he got called out was pretty priceless.

It's a shame what you lot said about not being able to get in, going on the tube and seeing Napalm Death get a good crowd on the Truth stage shows that booking these acts paid off and I hope we see more of it next Glastonbury!