Explosion at the M.E.N

H.M.V

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

Heard it's a nail bomb. Probably bullshit

There's a lot of misinformation at the moment. Bomb does seem likely though. Without any official comments though it's all speculation. 

Its a fucked up world we live in when kids are a target. 

quote from the media `

'We were exiting the building when it happened. We'd headed towards the main doors as Ariana was performing the last song because we wanted to beat the crowds, but – as we made our way there - a wall of security men blocked it and told us to go the other way.

'Seconds later they shouted 'RUN!' and the explosion happened right behind them. Hundreds of people were running and screaming. Those men saved our lives.' 

1 minute ago, EamerRed said:

Yeah read the same, Oldham Council saying they've heard nothing though

They will be the last to know. It is on lockdown apparently.

The world is fucked up. The arena tragedy is being treated as a terrorist incident. What on earth makes someone go to a concert full with kids and set off a bomb? It is just utterly sickening. I feel sick. Does not matter what city you are from, what religion, sex or anything else you are. This is just an utterly horrific and cowardly attack against all of us normal and decent people who just want to live a peaceful life.

I honestly don't know what else to say. Can't really describe how I am feeling at present.

`

Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron said: 'This is a shocking and horrific attack targeting children and young people who were simply enjoying a concert.

'My deepest sympathies are with the victims, and with families who have lost loved ones, as well as those desperately waiting for news.

'I would like to pay tribute to the bravery and dedication of the emergency services.

'This is an attack on innocent people and the nation is united both in its grief and its determination to stand up to this deplorable attack.

Not that im a follower of farron but definitely an attack then if thats the language being used

Edited by waterfalls212434

There are some sick fuckers in the world....tommy robinsons already posting trying to gain political capital.....and then theres this goon

Made sure to ss it before he deletes it-has he committed an offence here? can this go to the police? because this is fucking sick, people died and hes joking about it? what the fuck!

dl.jpg

Even though this awful event has happened, this will not stop me going to a concert tomorrow just as I went to a gig after the horrendous attack in the bataclan.

Essentially, fuck these twats who do these awful things. I'm going to go about my business as I would, with hopefully beefed up security at all concert venues.

Edited by aidenlangan95

1 minute ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Even though this awful event has happened, this will not stop me going to a concert tomorrow just as I went to a gig after the horrendous attack in the bataclan.

Essentially, fuck these twats who do these awful things. I'm going to go about my business as I would, with hopefully beefed up security at all concert venues.

Likewise, Cardiff motorpoint arena for me on Wednesday, we shall not be moved we shall not let these fucking asshole c**ting morons dictate our daily lives!

People think that tighter security is the answer. It's not, it just inconveniences people and moves the problem on.

Tonight, they thought they couldn't get in the stadium so they blew up the area by the exit instead. Try telling the families of the dead that good security helped them.

No matter what you do, terrorists will attack a weaker link. And there will always be vulnerable crowds. Look how we've had people driving into crowds in cars. No amount of police patrolling and bag checks will ever stop that.

No amount of bag searches of people going in to the arena could have prevented this. 

Its a busy area with the main Manchester train station being there too. 

I have noticed a big difference in security around train stations compared to here and Spain for example. A lot of the stations there have airport style xray machines for scanning bags although even that wouldn't have prevented this as they could have just walked in off the street. 

Can't let the terrorists win. They want us to be scared while living our lives. We have to carry on as normal, stick a couple of fingers up and don't give them the attention they crave.