Explosion at the M.E.N

H.M.V

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrendous:( It always seems like it's happening somewhere else until it happens close to home.

I live 5 mins away and can hear nothing but sirens and police choppers circling ahead.

My apartment block backs onto an old disused car park where they're starting building a new apartment block, couple of nights in the last week we heard a loud bang and saw a loud flash late at night, I said to my other half at the time it sounded and looked like someone exploded a bomb out there - should probably go to the police tomorrow as they might have been doing a test run. 

11 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

This is terrible news. Obviously we have no idea on what has happened yet, I don't expect we will have a clear outlook on that till morning! 

Agreed too early to say. Some suggestions that the deaths are due to crush injuries in the panic. Videos showing folks running out, mostly just kids.

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Report on telly saying lots of young uns there on their tod (without parents probably with friends). Imagine parents were outside waiting. Fucking terrifying. 

Fuckjng horrible. As a parent who's took little ones as well as dropped their teenager off for a gig and waited at the MEN I can't even imagine the utter dread & panic they're all going through.