Blues at Glasto 2017

Platt073

11 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

My Baby 

Playing in Silver Hayes and Shangri-la I think. 

Their newer stuff is more psychedelic and trance but still a lot of gospel and blues influence. 

I wouldn't ever call that blues mate but bloody hell it sounds great. Gone right to the top of my must see list. Cheers! 

3 hours ago, mr gumby said:

They're only an 'R' on the lineup page at the moment, but if they do play, I reckon North Mississippi Allstars are worth a look.

These guys are fantastic. Saw them at Cambridge Folk Festival a couple years back and blew the roof off.

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Give mark lanegan a go?

Just do that anyway. He's one of the genuine highlights on the card this year. And it's with the band not solo so will be louder, harder & dirtier. Cannot wait. 

Plus he's on the park stage, not far from bimble inn where Johnny Fairhurst pitched up at least once last year, and that had other blues acts on. 

8 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Just do that anyway. He's one of the genuine highlights on the card this year. And it's with the band not solo so will be louder, harder & dirtier. Cannot wait. 

Plus he's on the park stage, not far from bimble inn where Johnny Fairhurst pitched up at least once last year, and that had other blues acts on. 

Absolutely do this, he's right at at the top of my to see list (praying he doesn't clash with Radiohead).

Also Angel Olsen, not out & out blues but if you're a blues fan I think you'll like her.

Chris Jagger should be straight up blues.

Did anybody catch Joanne Shaw Taylor last year, unfortunately she's in The Netherlands all weekend so no chance of a return.

12 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Absolutely do this, he's right at at the top of my to see list (praying he doesn't clash with Radiohead).

Also Angel Olsen, not out & out blues but if you're a blues fan I think you'll like her.

Chris Jagger should be straight up blues.

Did anybody catch Joanne Shaw Taylor last year, unfortunately she's in The Netherlands all weekend so no chance of a return.

Yes caught Joanne Shaw Taylor, she's absolutely brilliant

I've seen suggestion that the excellent John Fairhurst will be playing a few shows around the site, as usual, though nothing concrete.

Some blues names from lower down the bill:

• Keifer Sutherland plays pub blues rock.
  • My Baby as mentioned above
  • Z-Star Delta are a 2-piece blues band, playing the Rum Shack (and others too I think)
  • Miraculous Mule are "a three-headed blues monster from Kentish Town"
  • A lot of double guitar maestro Rodney Branigan's set could loosely be described as blues
  • Hymn for Her play " juiced-up backwoods country blues with a dose of desert rock psychedelia"
  • Echo Town play folk/rock/reggae/blues, with a didgeridoo

Check them all out on the Spotify playlist.

22 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

I wouldn't ever call that blues mate but bloody hell it sounds great. Gone right to the top of my must see list. Cheers! 

Yeah it's a different take on it, their first few albums were very bluesy. I first saw them as a support act to Seasick Steve, they've got very groovy and use a lot of synth effects on the guitars these days but still a quality act. Seem them 5 times now at various gigs and fests and they're worth it. Helps that the singer is so easy on the eyes but they're lovely people too. 

Edited by Trout Mask Replica