I Looking for female boot recommendations

mrfunk

Looking for female boot recommendations.. Not for me btw  I always prefer a full leather..  But trying to convince the Mrs...  What do you females wear?  On a budget btw.  

1 minute ago, mrfunk said:

Looking for female boot recommendations.. Not for me btw  I always prefer a full leather..  But trying to convince the Mrs...  What do you females wear?  On a budget btw.  

Here you go. Katie Hopkins is a female and a boot.

download (5).jpg

6 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

I have a pair of leather Peter Storm Skiddaw ladies walking boots. They have a good sole and are not as heavy as some I tried. I was a wellie fan until a fall last year made me see the light!!

eBay can have some bargains, make sure she goes a size bigger to allow for 2 pairs of socks to avoid blisters. :)

I ended up getting a pair of mens boots last year - I wear a size 8 normally and the store didn't have any larger double-sock-accommodating sizes in ladies boots. I'm not convinced there is a huge amount of difference tbh, other than the colours and possibly a bit of weight, but as I was going for nubuck/leather it didn't really matter. Anyway, I got a pair of these and they are a treat! Took very little breaking in (but still allow time to do it) and kept my feet dry all weekend:

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/hanwag-mens-banks-gtx-boot-b1122635?id_colour=143

Edited by SophieBee

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Haven't bought boots in a long time so don't have any specific recommendations but what I would advise is to definitely try them on, wear them in and double sock! 

Yes, absolutely must try them on. I tried on a few and the difference in sizing is alarming. 

http://www.sportsdirect.com/ladies/ladies-walking-boots

Some bargains at sports direct. I got the men's merrel Moab ones for 60 quid and they are pretty good. Needed to go a size up from normal. Problem is you really need to try them on but it just took a punt and they turned out ok although still a little short even at a size up.

They usually have a smaller range in-store so you could try that. 

Edited by rubenz

Definitely a walking boot girl! Mine are Karrimor liked them because of them being lightweight, many I tried on were just too heavy. When you add mud it makes hard going. I'd also say try as many on as you can, find what's right for her. Good luck. 

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I got more or less this pair. Absolutely waterproof and great for getting up the fells in Cumbria with not much weight. Great for the price. 

Hi tec boots

I swear by hi tec you can spend more but there just the same with a fancy name.. Go outdoors... Got some good deals on. 

I've got a pair of Dr Martens wellies... picked them up on offer a couple of years ago and they are one of the best £30s I've ever spent... all the comfort of a walking boot with the waterproofness of a welly. They were brilliant last year, feet stayed bone dry all weekend. 

On 2017-5-20 at 1:10 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Maybe not so good for being on a budget but I wear Doc Marten's. No problems last year with the mud, stayed comfy all week. However they do need wearing in 

Do they get ruined? I bought a beautiful purple pair a few months ago, which are comfy as hell but I don't want to destroy them :(

11 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Do they get ruined? I bought a beautiful purple pair a few months ago, which are comfy as hell but I don't want to destroy them :(

Mine are purple leather and they are fine. I do use some dubbin on them before and after but they aren't ruined and super comfy. Obviously if they are the fabric ones or even the soft leather ones I doubt they would be any good

11 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Mine are purple leather and they are fine. I do use some dubbin on them before and after but they aren't ruined and super comfy. Obviously if they are the fabric ones or even the soft leather ones I doubt they would be any good

They are a bit softer round the ankle, maybe not a good idea then

I have basic Karrimors and they're the comfiest things ever for me.  I also have their walking shoes and sandals.  However, the current bog-standard Karrimor sole is not as grippy as its predecessor.  It does beautifully on natural surfaces but the slightest hint of moisture on a man-made surface (eg paving slabs, tiles) and it can go a bit Bambi on ice.  The metal trackways could be an issue.  I'm more or less used to this so I'll be wearing mine anyway but it's something to bear in mind.