Tent too big?

kvplum

Hiya!!

I am a IOW festival newbie and I'm panicking!!

I have a lovely '6' man tent (you wouldn't get more than 2 double air beds in the tent), which for a 1-2 of the nights 4 of us will occupy but for the remainder only 2 of us but will also hold all the stuff for our large group. I read on the website that you will be asked to take your tent down if it is excessive in size for the amount of campers - is this true? 

Has anyone been asked to take their tent down?

Its not actually that big imo, just one of those tipi tents so large base and we will probably be crossing our guide lines with our friends tents anyway.

Please put my mind at rest!! Lol! :sorry:

Thanks guys! 

x

53 minutes ago, kvplum said:

Hiya!!

I am a IOW festival newbie and I'm panicking!!

I have a lovely '6' man tent (you wouldn't get more than 2 double air beds in the tent), which for a 1-2 of the nights 4 of us will occupy but for the remainder only 2 of us but will also hold all the stuff for our large group. I read on the website that you will be asked to take your tent down if it is excessive in size for the amount of campers - is this true? 

Has anyone been asked to take their tent down?

Its not actually that big imo, just one of those tipi tents so large base and we will probably be crossing our guide lines with our friends tents anyway.

Please put my mind at rest!! Lol! :sorry:

Thanks guys! 

x

Hey. I've no experience with the festival nor rule but - if it's enforced - I'd imagine it's for things like two people in a 16-man tent or something. Festivalgoers more often than not take a tent with a higher capacity than the people inside it. Wouldn't worry about it at all.

Edited by dentalplan

You will be fine, the first year my wife and I went we had a 4 man tent and had the same concerns, no problems at all, there's quite a few large tents there and they would get the gazebos taken down long before tents. Plus the festival doesn't sell out so there should be plenty of space.

Thanks guys!!

My sisters are taking the p*** out of me for it!

More fool them, because they will have to share with us as their tent is too small to share :rofl:

Edited by kvplum
spelling