Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

good to be there shame I had a bad back  and couldn't wear the full fancy dress because of the heat .. good to meet @Curlygirl after quite a few years and sample the cherry bakewell vodka 

Mr crazyfool it was just lovely to finally meet you after years of searching for you around the festival! Fab to see the usual faces and to meet new people putting names to faces. I was sad to not see @tommywillo and @Yoghurt on a Stick  Maybe next time. See you all in 2019 (ticket gods permitting) and some of you sooner!! 

49 minutes ago, amfy said:

Pie and a Pint came and found me and I enjoyed meeting her so much that I hardly met anyone else! 

I was there though! It's a start!

Sorry! It was so ace to meet amfy and we ended up going Live on Facebook, watching fireworks on a table then dancing in Shangri-La. I NEVER go to Shangri-La! SUCH an ace night :D

On 2017-6-26 at 2:51 PM, deebeedoobee said:

meet 2.jpg

That's Me and Scott talking to a Canadian who was a lovely chap if memory serves correctly. Also nice to meet a few more of you briefly - I was with the girlfriend who is not a forumer so couldn't hang around for too long unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Mr crazyfool it was just lovely to finally meet you after years of searching for you around the festival! Fab to see the usual faces and to meet new people putting names to faces. I was sad to not see @tommywillo and @Yoghurt on a Stick  Maybe next time. See you all in 2019 (ticket gods permitting) and some of you sooner!! 

Hello Curlygirl,

I feel like a right w*nker for not going to the festival and meeting up with all the efesters, especially as so many people off here went out of their way one Sunday morning to try to get me a ticket, when they could have had a lie in instead. I fully understand that effort made, and that in some instances it was a Herculean task for those involved. I don't really want to feel like a cad, but do, on that front.

I'd like to say a lot of things to a lot of people off here, but am unusually lost for words (let's face it, I've come up with any old bollocks on here before, just to say something). I dearly would have liked to have had the opportunity to go to the efests meet up and say hello to everyone. The fact of the matter was that I couldn't go in the end. I couldn't go because I'd previously made a vow with my wife that we would never voluntarily spend a night apart. I was almost packed and ready to go to Glastonbury when it hit me and hit me hard that there was no way I was going to break that promise. I'm pretty fucking useless at putting a value on anything, but knew that this was the one area that I wasn't allowed to cavalierly gamble with.  And, if I'm honest, I think that it would have been a gamble for me.

Anyway, maybe I've said too much, and maybe I've not said enough. 

32 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I loved the efest meet, most of the photos I took were selfies with others so I don't reckon anyone wants to see me on repeat, but great to meet up with these two again, they need no introduction:

efest.jpg

I was hoping that picture was going to pop up! :D

Was great to meet you Mr Fields!

I will say Yog that i knew you wouldn't go in the end which is why i didn't offer to help. Just a shame you didn't come to that conclusion before posting copiously in the secret resale thread and elsewhere enlisting a lot of help that could have gone elsewhere to people who would have given anything to be there. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Great to meet you chief. Lost you somewhere up in Shangri La I think? Was getting messy at that stage!

Great to meet you too and prolong the night in Shangri La.  I remember being in SHITV and needing a piss so headed out and took ages to find the urinals, decided to call it a night at that point as it was a long walk back.  Say that I think we were camping pretty close to each other.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Great to meet you chief. Lost you somewhere up in Shangri La I think? Was getting messy at that stage!

Very disappointed you don't look like Mick Jagger.  I don't think I ever managed to speak to @Wooderson despite many attempts to get over to him - drunkenness and general excitability had kicked in to such an extent that every time I tried to go over to say hello, I managed to distract myself/get distracted.

5 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Great to meet you too and prolong the night in Shangri La.  I remember being in SHITV and needing a piss so headed out and took ages to find the urinals, decided to call it a night at that point as it was a long walk back.  Say that I think we were camping pretty close to each other.

Yeah I rather stupidly left there and went to the Rocket Lounge thinking I could get drinks and bring them back in! The queue was huge at that stage and everyone got scattered. 

Very disappointed you don't look like Mick Jagger.  I don't think I ever managed to speak to @Wooderson despite many attempts to get over to him - drunkenness and general excitability had kicked in to such an extent that every time I tried to go over to say hello, I managed to distract myself/get distracted.

Slightly embarrassed that it took me a good 20 seconds to twig who you were despite thinking to myself "who this lad wearing two hats"......

Thats what 3 litres of rosé in 31c will do I suppose. 

Edited by The Nal

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Likewise squire. I was beset on all sides for the short time I was there. Think I saw you throwing me the eye at one stage. Next time.

12 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Enjoyed spending couple hours in your company mate. Hope you had a super festival.