Little things to make the festival better for others

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Larraht said:

This year I have been thinking about bringing bags of those massive marshmallows from Tiger and sharing them around camp fires that I come across. Everybody loves a toasted Marshmallow.

Love this thread. Was going to take glow sticks anyway but will now also be taking marshmallows, best idea ever! 

20 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

If you're a bloke don't use the long drops for a piss maybe?

Early morning sit down longdrop wee for clashfinder contemplation is the way forward, my friend.

Sometimes there's a bonus poo / moment of clashfuckular clarity.

#allsaturdayeveningatthePark2015

Also, this thread has just reminded me that while I was in the queue at my first festival (2013), a guy brought out those big trays of doughnuts you get from the supermarket. The guy shared them out with everyone around him in the queue - they went down pretty well too! 

17 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I think I'm going to buy a load of sparklers to hand out at the fireworks on the Wednesday night.

Make sure you also have a bag to put them all in afterwards please!:)

Edited by MilkyJoe

1 hour ago, Heather90 said:

Or if you do then eyes down please gentlemen. Us ladies do not want to make accidental eye contact while you have your hand on your penis.

There should definitely be a shed load more blokes look down when using the long drops. That way they will actually see where they are aiming. Walking in to any toilet anywhere on the planet to find piss on the seat drives me nuts.

Why it drives them, and where I'm going with them, is a mystery to me. 

I always, without fail, leave the bogs in a better state than I found them. 

Might need just a dab of loo roll, might on occasion need rubber gloves and breathing through my mouth a bit. But it's getting cleaned, then I'm doing my business, and it's getting sorted out afterwards too. 

The shitters, post Balti-pie, are a delight. And that's a cast iron guarantee. Follow me, if you like :P

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I always, without fail, leave the bogs in a better state than I found them. 

Might need just a dab of loo roll, might on occasion need rubber gloves and breathing through my mouth a bit. But it's getting cleaned, then I'm doing my business, and it's getting sorted out afterwards too. 

The shitters, post Balti-pie, are a delight. And that's a cast iron guarantee. Follow me, if you like :P

Same here. I just couldn't do anything other than that.

Lollies and glowsticks :)

Although those suggestions of pacmacs and binliners to sit on are waaayyy more practical!!! 

I always carry spare glitter about too inase anyone wants their face tarting up a bit. Although, im definitely not a glitter pro like some people I see about the place!

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, Miesh said:

I always offer a steward some sweets or a snack, if I see one looking a bit cold or tired.

Last year when I was packing up early hours on a chilly Monday morning I found a couple of those crackle fire logs that I hadn't used so I took them along to the stewards to put on their burner. They were made up and I had a nice long chat to them. I like to think I helped relieve the boredom for a little while.:)

I also bring lollipops. I've got a giant bag of vitamin C daily ones this year so not only will I be giving someone a delightful treat... but I will also be giving them a bit of antioxidant to protect their brain and help their hangover. All natural and the flavors are phenomenal.  It's an amazing way to connect to the people around you.  

Last year when the water was seeping through the matting on the floor of the cabaret tent I invited the lad next to me to share my picnic blanket;  made The Infinite Monkey Cage all the more enjoyable.

I always have spare bogroll/wipes/sanitiser to share out and find the cheap foil blankets useful for laying out on the concrete benches for people to sit on when it's wet.  And I have numerous people to thank for pulling me out of mud at West Holts more than once.

I'll definitely be bringing handwash and lollies too.  Great thread @stuartbert two hats