Ashcombe Park

mazola

Has anyone used this for car parking only? I'm driving from London and want to get in gate D, so seems like a good option.

how far is the trek? Any problems getting in there about 5am wednesday morning?

I normally just get the Glasto parking, but thinking of giving this a go.

33 minutes ago, mazola said:

Has anyone used this for car parking only? I'm driving from London and want to get in gate D, so seems like a good option.

No problem that time if you have booked of course

About 10-15 mins unladen to gate d fucking ages in the mud fully laden

44 minutes ago, matt2007 said:

Why bother?

Well I've got to park my car somewhere, it's fifteen quid cheaper than the official and looks like it's no further than some of the other gate D car parks. Just trying to see if anyone had any negative experience with it.

But thanks for your helpful input.

2 hours ago, mazola said:

I parked there last year and they were great. 10 mins to gate D, cheaper than Glastonbury parking, there is a private shower there (think it's about £2 to use, never much of a queue). But the best thing is that come Monday morning you just drive out, no waiting for hours to get out of the car park. I think you can turn up from Tuesday onwards. 

2 hours ago, mazola said:

Thanks for the reply. I've emailed them for a reservation, but not sure how long it takes for a reply.

They usually reply within 24 hours.  Just put any questions to them, they're very friendly.  As @franathy says there's no queuing to get out on Monday,  and it's a bloody sight easier to find your car there than in the rolling acres of the GF fields.  Even with the help of the map pin on the Glasto app it took me ages to find mine last year.