Efests…before or after?

charlottesometimes

Last year was my first year solo so I spent a lot of time on here before the festival as I had nobody to personally get excited about it with.

These boards helped lots with that but I do love the after festival chatter most I think. Like others I usually have a break for a few days then back on here and I love reading about how everybody's experiences were so different to mine and each other's. We are all in it together but no two stories are the same!:)

10 hours ago, Mardy said:

(weds 6pm. Efests meet. Highlight of the festival)

Wish I could say that this year. 

In all seriousness though, eFests adds massively to my Glasto experience, especially in the lead up to the whole thing, right through from October to June.

After the festival it's great as well. Like a collective comedown but funny to read everyone's experiences and odd tales. 

I'm an all year round guy now and this place is brilliant all year round. It's one of the best sources of info for music and gig news (not just Glasto) on the net, discovered quite a few acts just from people's recommendations on here. Well done guys...

But... This place comes into its own in the build up to the fest, especially just as the lineup is about to drop. Weeks of rampant, frenzied speculation, rumours, counter rumours, detective work, inevitable digressions about the correct name for bread rolls (they're cobs!). It's all brilliant.

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

One thing I can say for sure is that the time I spend in here ramps up significantly with each month and week that we get closer to the festival, to the point that I probably spend more time on here than doing my actual job.

You don't work on cyber security for Her Majesty's Government, do you?

I love reading Efests post festival. Personally I feel I cope best if I steer into the comedown and get it all out of my system. If I try and ignore it then I find it can creep up a week or two down the line whilst I'm watching a non-emotional film with a distinct lack of character empathy. For example when Arnie fights against his wrong conviction and tons of terribly named bad guys to win the hearts of some fucked up audiences that like watching public executions - I was balling my eyes out for no apparent reason. 

I also like the build up on efests as well though.

Since joining I have visited pretty much every day.

I don't do any other social media whatsoever, efests is al I need for a fix.

The only time I avoided the site was after missing out on tickets (and during the festival), but then got lot's of helpful info when I came back on which led to volunteering.

On the whole it is a fantastic site, full of great people.

Edited by joeltg