Pink Floyd - Their Mortal Remains

Losing my hair

OK, it's not strictly Glastonbury, unless the reunion is the "really big secret" - but it isn't is it.

Back to topic - I went to the preview day at the V&A today. I must declare an interest as I've been a Floyd fan since I first heard Arnold Layne in '67.

The V&A have done a fantastic job with this exhibition; there's lights, music, videos, instruments, artifacts, interviews all giving a real insight into the band, their music, the album covers, the installations and the concerts. I spent 3.5 hours walking round taking it all in and I would happily have gone round again - I'll definitely go back again later in the year. My sister took me (she's a member which is why I got in to the preview day) and has never been a fan but she really enjoyed it and has asked to borrow Dark Side of the Moon.

So, if you're a Floyd fan then go, it's compulsory. If you're not a Floyd fan then still go - you'll learn a lot.

Taking father in law up there for his birthday present next week. He's a massive PF fan, and this will be his first trip into London since he had his leg amputated last year so going to be a fairly emotional day I suspect.

I shall report my findings on the whole shebang

I Will be going as I have been a massive fan since the late 60's although its tricky to pick a date due to two of my friend's who live in Iceland and they are already flying in for Glastonbury and Latitude so time is tight so will have to bite the bullet and just go with another friend and then see if they can come back later in the year - its a shame but it cant be helped.

27 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

I Will be going as I have been a massive fan since the late 60's although its tricky to pick a date due to two of my friend's who live in Iceland and they are already flying in for Glastonbury and Latitude so time is tight so will have to bite the bullet and just go with another friend and then see if they can come back later in the year - its a shame but it cant be helped.

Sorry, slightly off topic but is there much talk on the ground at Glastonbury about this big secret ? Ta 

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I will wander over if I get a spare afternoon. My issue with the vanda ones is just the sheer busyness so you cant stop properly and enjoy it. The Revolution one wa great but felt slightly harried all the way through.

I know what you mean. It wasn't too busy yesterday as it was members only, but you do need plenty of time to be able to stand in front of the screens for the interviews and even yesterday you sort of had to wait your turn to get to the front to see the displays. I was in there for over 3 hours and so I think that on a normal day you would need to allow 4 hours. If you were an obsessive you could spend even longer.

• 3 months later...

I was due to go and booked two tickets but due to a medical Emergency I ended up in Hospital so my friend called them up and amazingly they changed the dates of the tickets - once I was out of Hospital I then had another problem because I can only walk a few feet just now so my friend called them and she was able to reserve a wheelchair.

We went a few weeks ago and we were very impressed  - Our  tickets was for 10am so we were in the first tour of the day - they issued free headphones - as you approach a area it will trigger the sound track - { even if you walk backwards it will still sync in correctly }

They did not cover Roger Waters solo music but apart from that it was well worth a visit.

Last year we went to the Stones exhibition and at that Security would stop anyone taking a photo but the Floyd exhibition there was only one area where they asked people not to take any shots so far less restrictive.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Was going to go to this then saw tickets were £30 to see a load of moth-eaten old tat.

No ta.

I found the information and video pieces far more interesting than the kit itself, I found that worth it tbh.  Some of the videos on how the sound developed and the recording process was really interesting.