"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's shit for people without a ticket but i guess if they did it silent disco style you'd have stupid crowds turning up.

This is the first that I have heard of Cineramageddon, and your post seems to infer that spaces are for ticket holders only? If so, when and where did the tickets go on sale? I'm not a big cinema fan (although the set up with the cars sounds ace) but am wondering how I managed to avoid this information.

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This is the first that I have heard of Cineramageddon, and your post seems to infer that spaces are for ticket holders only? If so, when and where did the tickets go on sale? I'm not a big cinema fan (although the set up with the cars sounds ace) but am wondering how I managed to avoid this information.

It was on the announcement poster for cinermageddom I think, it mentioned the box office opened on 12th June (yesterday) all the tickets were snaffled straight away (£20 refundable deposit)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It was on the announcement poster for cinermageddom I think, it mentioned the box office opened on 12th June (yesterday) all the tickets were snaffled straight away (£20 refundable deposit)

Thanks for the info Deaf Nobby Burton. :)

I guess that those who didn't get a ticket are going to have to make do with the fact that they are at one of the biggest arts and music festivals in the world. Wherever you go, there's something new and exciting going on. This is a serious question - does anybody know of any Modern Dance going on? 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I guess that those who didn't get a ticket are going to have to make do with the fact that they are at one of the biggest arts and music festivals in the world. Wherever you go, there's something new and exciting going on. This is a serious question - does anybody know of any Modern Dance going on? 

Although having a look I think there is still some availability: http://www.cineramageddon.com/film-listing/

Unfortunately the link was very well hidden at the bottom of the poster.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think I saw the bit about booking cars either. I sort of assumed you could just rock up. Is it the case that you can't visit cineramargeddon at all without booking a car? Or can you turn up but just stand/sit on the grass?

I think the latter.....dunno what your options to *listen* to the movie are though.  Bluetooth via your phone, maybe?

20 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They definitely mentioned earphones available when you get there for non-car dwellers. 

Still cars available for some films. And chances are if you rock up for some of the sold out ones there'll be people not turned up. 

Not for me this. Think it'll look ace but I've never been to pilton palais - and committing to a car a week before the festival so I'm tied down to a time and place is not for me. 

Yeah that's it, I've never watched a film at Glastonbury and just don't want to commit. Sounds cool though, Depp aside.

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The Johnny Depp thing would maybe be the only thing that I'd be bothered to go for if I'm honest, I wouldn't missed any act/band I wanted to see for it and there is no guarantee that you will get a front seat.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

The Johnny Depp thing would maybe be the only thing that I'd be bothered to go for if I'm honest, I wouldn't missed any act/band I wanted to see for it and there is no guarantee that you will get a front seat.

No, I couldn't really see myself watching a film at Glastonbury either. Although watching them from within a car would be a different kind of experience, I kind of run with the feeling that you can watch any film you want at any other point in your life away from the festival. You aren't going to be able to experience all the other forms of entertainment at any point of your choosing within your life, so it would seem a bit too restricting to me.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No, I couldn't really see myself watching a film at Glastonbury either. Although watching them from within a car would be a different kind of experience, I kind of run with the feeling that you can watch any film you want at any other point in your life away from the festival. You aren't going to be able to experience all the other forms of entertainment at any point of your choosing within your life, so it would seem a bit too restricting to me.

i want to see the cars more than i do a film. I'd be quite happy to just see them.

3 minutes ago, themuel said:

Just seen on Twitter that the John Peel and Park TBA's are being televised so they must have been deemed big enough by those in the know. 

Not following this thread so apologies if this is old news. 

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

You're looking at my conversation..... stalker!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, themuel said:

Just seen on Twitter that the John Peel and Park TBA's are being televised so they must have been deemed big enough by those in the know. 

Not following this thread so apologies if this is old news. 

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

Hope it's not too big. There's already the Chic, Shaggy, HAIM clash at that time!