"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

43 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

On this note... Anyone been to see him who knows how many Oasis songs we can expect from his set? Never got to see Oasis so I REALLY want to see his set but would be a bit gutted if I missed Katy Perry to hear LG do all his new stuff, Beady Eye songs and a couple of Oasis.

Also - which of the TBAs are Gorillaz meant to be?

Fu##in in the bushes

Rock n roll star

D'you know what I mean

Live forever (possibility)

Be here now

Morning glory

Slide away

These seem to be the ones he's playing.

Also I watched some of the pinkpop gig on YouTube and the new tunes aren't bad. 

If you never saw Oasis live this really is a must see. Liam is definitely back to form at the moment

Edited by Roger1

51 minutes ago, StePotts said:

where is that pointing then? not towards the Saxon market surely?

Nope, looks like that sign would be somewhere on the main path that leads up from West hols to the stone circle, and the big secret bit is pointing towards where you'd turn left to get to avalon field and right to get to green Kidz. If the sign is true- can't be bothered to look back and read about this tweet! 

1 hour ago, Roger1 said:

Fu##in in the bushes

Rock n roll star

D'you know what I mean

Live forever (possibility)

Be here now

Morning glory

Slide away

These seem to be the ones he's playing.

Also I watched some of the pinkpop gig on YouTube and the new tunes aren't bad. 

If you never saw Oasis live this really is a must see. Liam is definitely back to form at the moment

He's not played Live Forever in his festival sets I don't think. He's got an hour set with LF as an encore for his own gigs.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doesn't DanTastic Glastonbury the charity bin-painting crystal ball Jesus guy also sometimes do a Captain Jack Sparrow?

I'd be mightily amused if a field full of people paid £20 to watch a terrible movie about the Earl of Rochester only for him to come out to introduce it.

Oh, do you have to pay extra for Cineramageddon?

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Was a £20.00 per car deposit, refunded on arrival with your confirmation email.  
Cars all booked out already.

Didn't realise this.  That's the first time I've heard of Glasto ever charging extra for something inside the fence.  

Edited by Fork_UK

59 minutes ago, payneruk said:

I'm currently sat next to the Parks silent disco steward. And they're free rental.

At 1st he thought I was talking about stewarding/volunteering deposits to which he said full ticket price....which shocked me!

The Park ones are free as there is an entrance and exit so you ca't take them outside the tent.

The Heds Silent Disco in the Sonic tent have a deposit as the tent is completely open on all sides.

You get your £20 back when you return the headphones so as long as you dont nick them then it is free!

32 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

There wasn't "all the stuff said before" though. It was one interview where emily said one sentence. Then it was never mentioned again, apart from being re-reported for a brief time in loads of online newspapers. And then this thread. for ever and ever ad infinitum.

If you weren't on efestivals you would have probably forgotten about it by now. 

they're hardly going to say "Johnny Depp and Liam Gallagher announced today. That's the really big secret Emily mentioned a couple of months ago so stop guessing now."

9 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I have to agree completely with Scruffy on this, there was a passing comment made in an interview, nothing more nothing less, it's just us that appear to have pored over it in this amount of detail. I personally think at the big secret was Liam Gallagher.

Well it would be a pretty pants big secret then - and I love a bit of LG.

Oh well - I hope the new area is a thing and we find out on arrival but I am prepared to be let down on that.

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Well it would be a pretty pants big secret then - and I love a bit of LG.

Oh well - I hope the new area is a thing and we find out on arrival but I am prepared to be let down on that.

Sadly I could believe that she got excited about Johny Depp.  I can believe that she's surrounded by musicians, so no big deal about LG - but Depp is something a bit different.  Not that he'll be worth the effort.

New area seeming less likely - I can't imagine there'd be an area with stages / events that they wouldn't have already told us about.  Nobody would have any plans to go there, as we've mostly filled out our clashfinders already (unless it's all quality acts - in which case they've kept 15-20 high profile acts secret?).  Also, we've had drone footage, which admittedly didn't get too far over the site, and we're all glued to the web cam.  If there was an entire new area I'd be amazed if someone didn't pick up on it.  

Maybe a new food area - but we have a new cinema area and my guess is they're fairly happy with that.  Also I think they've made a bit more of the Woods area around John Peel - I didn't get there last year, so will be all new to me :)