"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Maybe someone else has suggested this but I've been to the BEST EVER Bearded Theory all weekend and guess who is playing at the same location on the 21st June. None other than Cliff (I'm not really dead) Richard.

A friend of mine works at a bar at the Park Stage and has just confirmed to me a big act that will be playing on that stage. This band wont be scheduled on the lineup to play I doubt. Probably big enough for this " Secret Act" also.

They also mentioned to me that there are a lot of surprises on the Park this year! 

Edited by Wakey321

So, just caught up on the last 5 day's worth of posts. Top work everyone, other than no-one going for a hologram Elvis dying in the longdrops gag. All I can add is that about 100 pages ago it was speculated what SharpeOfSharpe's Tweet was on about, it was definitely The Temple getting a lot bigger (he sent me a pic but asked that I didn't share, sorry), I think that's already common knowledge though. 

3 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

A friend of mine works at the bar a the Park Stage and has just confirmed to me a big act that will be playing on that stage. This band wont be scheduled on the lineup to play I doubt. Probably big enough for this " Secret Act" also.

They also mentioned to me that there are a lot of surprises on the Park this year! 

Do tell

2 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

A friend of mine works at the bar a the Park Stage and has just confirmed to me a big act that will be playing on that stage. This band wont be scheduled on the lineup to play I doubt. Probably big enough for this " Secret Act" also.

Is this friend a good enough friend for you to get the name of said act and post on here?..

2 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Fleet Foxes getting around their exclusive at Latitude? Seem suited to The Park but not dangerously popular to risk a massive crowd. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So, just caught up on the last 5 day's worth of posts. Top work everyone, other than no-one going for a hologram Elvis dying in the longdrops gag. All I can add is that about 100 pages ago it was speculated what SharpeOfSharpe's Tweet was on about, it was definitely The Temple getting a lot bigger (he sent me a pic but asked that I didn't share, sorry), I think that's already common knowledge though. 

That is rather disappointing.

So it completely guarantees that is the big secret that Emily was talking about.

Edit: Don't suppose he happened to mention what the other changes going on in the Common were?

Edited by musky

1 hour ago, Wakey321 said:

A friend of mine works at a bar at the Park Stage and has just confirmed to me a big act that will be playing on that stage. This band wont be scheduled on the lineup to play I doubt. Probably big enough for this " Secret Act" also.

I thought Park secret sets were a strict no-no now, I'd be very surprised if this happens again 

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

Why would someone who works on a bar in the park know the secret acts? 

Unless its someone involved in running the bar like Stonebridge or crows nest

That would make some sense. There's usually big acts to be found in those places over the weekend.

The Park stage on the other hand - I just can't see it. MDC raised their concerns in 2011 and unless they've figured out a way of keeping people off the hill they're not going to risk another big act.

1 minute ago, musky said:

That would make some sense. There's usually big acts to be found in those places over the weekend.

The Park stage on the other hand - I just can't see it. MDC raised their concerns in 2011 and unless they've figured out a way of keeping people off the hill they're not going to risk another big act.

I think it can be done. A start would be to not tell every man and his dog who works up there.

In all seriousness they have some big big names playing lower down on the Pyramid, if they were to go up against someone like Katy Perry I think it would split the crowd. They've shown with the libertines they can keep things pretty secret these days.

1 minute ago, Divein said:

I think it can be done. A start would be to not tell every man and his dog who works up there.

In all seriousness they have some big big names playing lower down on the Pyramid, if they were to go up against someone like Katy Perry I think it would split the crowd. They've shown with the libertines they can keep things pretty secret these days.

Sure, they can keep stuff secret. They could even manage it so that if a ridiculous rumour like Led Zep playing got out they could handle it. What they couldn't manage is if the name of the act actually got out like in 2011. That would leave them with no option but to cancel the gig.