"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I genuinely think that's the first time I've seen you comment in this thread without "KLF" posted excitedly! :D 

lol probably but it's late, I have been chopping wood for the campfire today and to be honest I'm now fed up with waiting lol 

On the other hand .........

BRING THE BEAT BACK ;)

12 hours ago, Dave The Owl said:

Pure speculation but could it be that the Other Stage is expanding sideways to effectively create two stages in the single area. Would allow one band to set up whilst the other is playing and increase the number of bands without impacting on the license.

Could explain why The Growler has had to move, and also help with the "where the hell are all these bands going to play?" question

Osheaga festival in Canada has a side by side stage set up. It works absolutely amazing imo and is one of my favorite things about the fest. There isn't even a 30 second delay between one band ending and the next one starting. (There are 4 other stages around the site as well) but for the most part you can relax and sit on a hill with great views of the stages and great acoustics and enjoy nonstop music or you can go up further into the party zone and the crowd shifts for every band! Osheaga is a cakewalk compared to Glastonbury in regards to stamina requitrd/energy output, but I don't think that's such a bad thing. 

Osheaga-3-of-24small.jpg

36 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Osheaga festival in Canada has a side by side stage set up. It works absolutely amazing imo and is one of my favorite things about the fest. There isn't even a 30 second delay between one band ending and the next one starting. (There are 4 other stages around the site as well) but for the most part you can relax and sit on a hill with great views of the stages and great acoustics and enjoy nonstop music or you can go up further into the party zone and the crowd shifts for every band! Osheaga is a cakewalk compared to Glastonbury in regards to stamina requitrd/energy output, but I don't think that's such a bad thing. 

Osheaga-3-of-24small.jpg

That looks really good, if the other stage were like that it would be great fun but I imagine clashes would be a total nightmare! If there is any truth in Emily's more bands statement this is how to do it!

8 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

If there is a new stage going up somewhere then could it be AC/DC? Brian Johnson back in action (not sure about the rest as dont really follow them) and believe at download insisted on own stage?

DC took their own stage to Download because

• They had one already in use 
  • Previously they had not been happy with their performance at Donnington and blamed the sound / pa , so where not taking any chances and wanted full control.

Just now, ivan said:

DC took their own stage to Download because

• They had one already in use 
  • Previously they had not been happy with their performance at Donnington and blamed the sound / pa , so where not taking any chances and wanted full control.

Ah fair enough, didn't do any digging tbh just off the top of my (top) hat.

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One 'normal' sized secret - Elbow or Richard Ashcroft opening up the Other Stage

One 'Sunday Legend disco collaboration' secret - Celine Dion coming on to do Immortality with RightBaz

One 'big' secret - Gorillaz or Liam Gallagher playing JPT 5pm Sunday

One small secret - soy milk

One medium secret - black with sugar

One large secret - decaf

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think while Glastonbury is massively oversubscribed and there is a huge clamour for tickets, I can see the chances of two stages side by side being precisely fuck all. I've never heard the feedback from anybody that has gone as being about the 45 minute wait between acts on stages.

I think it's entirely unnecessary, I've never for a single moment though.. 'I love glastonbury, but I wish there were MORE acts on at any given moment'.

3 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

I think it's entirely unnecessary, I've never for a single moment though.. 'I love glastonbury, but I wish there were MORE acts on at any given moment'.

Similarly, nobody has ever said "I love Glastonbury, but I wish I never had to leave the Other field"

• Upvote 1

The issue I have with the two stages side-by-side is that when near the front (if you are in front of the stage without a band on at the time) you can hear the sound check whilst the other band is playing on the other. I don't really see the benefit of it tbh, it's not like the change over takes that long on a single stage is it?

37 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I've never heard the feedback from anybody that has gone as being about the 45 minute wait between acts on stages.

This is one thing that I didn't get until I experienced it. I was confused how the biggest festival in the country couldn't set up any quicker, especially earlier in the day. But then when you are there you have the chance to get food, drink, toilet stop, move across site or meet friends and not miss anything. 

Works great for me. I think another area would be exciting though, preferably to spread out the SE corner crush or feature a genre of music somewhat under represented at the moment. That to me is a "big" secret too that will get lots of people excited

Edited by Heather90

19 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

The issue I have with the two stages side-by-side is that when near the front (if you are in front of the stage without a band on at the time) you can hear the sound check whilst the other band is playing on the other. I don't really see the benefit of it tbh, it's not like the change over takes that long on a single stage is it?

And thinking about it a little more assuming you have a second headliner length set you really only gain 4 bands, 5 with a few shorter sets. 13/14 compared to 9. Another medium sized stage would add more value unless they have a lot of big but unusual for Glastonbury bands available e.g. Green Day or Linkin Park willing to play.