"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

9 minutes ago, Dave The Owl said:

Pure speculation but could it be that the Other Stage is expanding sideways to effectively create two stages in the single area. Would allow one band to set up whilst the other is playing and increase the number of bands without impacting on the license.

Could explain why The Growler has had to move, and also help with the "where the hell are all these bands going to play?" question

I remember when the Reading Festival had a two main stage set up, side by side. There was a quicker cross over between bands, but not greatly so.

image.thumb.jpeg.dbd65f158d629323623c0eb8e3503b6c.jpeg

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Has it been suggested yet that they might be having an extended stage for the Pyramid that the likes of FF for example have used before for their own gigs?

There was at some point (on the web-cam) a structure going under the Pyramid that looked like a sort-of three-pronged ego ramp. It might have been nothing of the kind of course, but it was something! :blink:

Wow, is / was this double stage malarkey ever an actual thing?! That photograph from Reading looks ridiculous. Seems like far too much faffing around for far too little. Not sure I'd fancy it and not sure it would do much for the atmosphere either. It's weird to even look at!

1 hour ago, Dave The Owl said:

Pure speculation but could it be that the Other Stage is expanding sideways to effectively create two stages in the single area. Would allow one band to set up whilst the other is playing and increase the number of bands without impacting on the license.

Could explain why The Growler has had to move, and also help with the "where the hell are all these bands going to play?" question

another other?  right next to the Glade?  there's only so many middling indie bands to go around, surely.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I remember when the Reading Festival had a two main stage set up, side by side. There was a quicker cross over between bands, but not greatly so.

image.thumb.jpeg.dbd65f158d629323623c0eb8e3503b6c.jpeg

They have this setup at carfest, works well there, the fit a days worth of music into an late afternoon/evening.

and yes I have been to carfest and yes it was shit.

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Not much chance of a wander round the site.....but I'm off Friday so will go for a little drive round the lanes and peer through some hedges ;)

my my that was a sweaty one! Just back from a run around the site. Don't bother trying to peer through the hedges, it's fence all the way down Cockmill Lane and around the top to the villagers gate. However, across the top, past the skate park it's just heras fencing.

So my finding from tonight, and I acknowledge that they are not ground breaking,....The car parks are getting a hair cut and the silage barns are full of green green grass. The posh camping between Cockmill and Pylle road is up - it's the one with square tents rather than yurts. The fence is complete down the side of the SE corner along Cockmill apart from the gates but security are on them. The bull ring (or at least what was the bull ring) is up, well it's frame is. There is security at the top of Worthy Lane.That's about it really apart from the dust.......so much dust and its feckin hot.....I think it's time for a well earnt beer

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, he_knows_it_all said:

This may have already been posted, so apologies if I am repeating this, but indications point to Alt-J playing on the Wednesday, along with Emeli Sandé and Boys Noize so might the music start on Wednesday???

Lol god can you imagine? The bands starting proper on the Wednesday would ruin it for me, the first two days are always the best before the chaos and stresses begin!

15 minutes ago, he_knows_it_all said:

This may have already been posted, so apologies if I am repeating this, but indications point to Alt-J playing on the Wednesday, along with Emeli Sandé and Boys Noize so might the music start on Wednesday???

I have an exam at uni un Wednesday, if I miss alt-j and Boys Noize I will be very very mad. 

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

just because they have it listed somewhere for Wednesday doesn't mean they're playing that day. it regularly happens that bands list the first day of a festival but play a different day. i'd be 99.9% sure that alt-J and Boys Noize won't play on Wednesday.

Not 100% though ey? I like those odds!

31 minutes ago, he_knows_it_all said:

It's just where they've listed the first day of the festival in their schedule. They deffo won't be playing on Wednesday