"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

So I'm assuming if this a new stage will use the same between stage area as the pyramid and other. 

Could potentially shift stuff to make quite a large area. At least as much as WH or Park? On the tweets above you can't see the right of the Pyramid which is where I assume it would be

Edited by Heather90
I'm not sure I'm even convincing myself here

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

To try and lower speculation maybe. If the map had a noticeable delay along with this 'big secret' people would be more expectant of a new area.

Or, as we know, every year the map goes through a number of revisions as the areas get built, tweaked a bit, and then added to the map (eg. GlastoMap2015map_v4.png), so maybe as this is a completely new area they weren't really ready to add it to the map until they were more sure of how it would settle down into the area. Of course, it also doesn't hurt at all to keep building the speculation and wonderment by keeping it off the map!

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The fence moving in the park combined with the anniversary must mean that a lot more is going on up there ? maybe moving some stuff so the stage gets a bigger capacity for a bigger act or two ? or some new stuff ? 

I think the consensus was the fence moving was just to provide more camping space (crew/staff type camping I think) given that space has been taken by the new Cinema area.

2 hours ago, merago said:

I think the consensus was the fence moving was just to provide more camping space (crew/staff type camping I think) given that space has been taken by the new Cinema area.

ah ok but Isnt there quite a slope up there ? maybe it flattens out a bit .. maybe I'm just making things up in my head trying to think of anything thats possible ? 

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Hang on 

Now you know where and time.. If that is indeed right........ They could have put that out as fake news......... Just a thought.. But now you know where and what time how the hell do you think some super group is gonna play JP stage..... Plus only super group around is PJ.. Lol

as it's news outta Pilton - and in all the years I've been running efests it's been by-far the worst place for accurate info - my take is that it's likely to be wrong.

Pure speculation but could it be that the Other Stage is expanding sideways to effectively create two stages in the single area. Would allow one band to set up whilst the other is playing and increase the number of bands without impacting on the license.

Could explain why The Growler has had to move, and also help with the "where the hell are all these bands going to play?" question

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave The Owl said:

Pure speculation but could it be that the Other Stage is expanding sideways to effectively create two stages in the single area. Would allow one band to set up whilst the other is playing and increase the number of bands without impacting on the license.

Could explain why The Growler has had to move, and also help with the "where the hell are all these bands going to play?" question

Funnily enough I wondered that. Paris Pitchfork has 2 stages either end of the hall so one sets up during the others set .

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Funnily enough I wondered that. Paris Pitchfork has 2 stages either end of the hall so one sets up during the others set .

That would make an interesting dynamic for the crowd. Anyone who wants to be right at the front all day would find themselves right at the back 50% of the day.

1 minute ago, Jamie D said:

That would make an interesting dynamic for the crowd. Anyone who wants to be right at the front all day would find themselves right at the back 50% of the day.

The idea is that you're only really into every other band. They put thrash metal at one end and modern jazz fusion at the other