"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, Cath-T said:

What about Bruno Mars, he's pretty 'big' at the minute and has time in his tour to perform...

I did suggest that a few pages back, but forgot I had suggested it because every other artist and band has been suggested since. it's not impossible and he has a big gap in his dates, where/when would he play?

You sometimes they say..... Hey we have a big secret..... And most every year a day or two later we know it 

Well all I can say is well done Emily because this time somehow she's kept it a secret cos looking back on this thread we've all covered everyone from Bruno Mars to Prince and pink Floyd to Elvis lol

Well done to the glasto team I say 

Sometimes I feel like we're all S&M gimps or something with all these teasing hints at things that let us all dangle, wanting more. It's like the Eavii just slap us senseless with drips and drabs here and there, while we're all in pain waiting but begging for more. 

MOORREE PLEASE, THAAANKYOUUUU ARRRGGGHHHHH YEEESSSSS THAAAANKS AAARRGGGHHHHHH

45 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Queen - Bit of a stretch to stick them in here, but other people seem to think they should! Available, apart from Freddie. Badgers, Sun City etc. 5/10

I'd like to make it clear I appreciate the effort you went to but the upvote is for this snippet alone

Have we fully ruled out the kinks, even though they are unlikely?

9 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I don't know why they'd book Kendrick right now to be honest, he feels like the sort of act who should just straight up headline in a few years.

I sometimes wonder whether I'm the only person who has never knowingly heard a Kendrick Lamar song. Or a Drake song. Or indeed anything by Major Lazer, Boy Better Know or any of the other bands that people say are headlining or who are in the running for future headliners. I guess I just ain't down with the kids but that's fine with me because there's been loads of people in the run up to this festival who have never heard of either the National or Ride and they're two of the bands I'm most looking forward to.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Monkismo said:

I sometimes wonder whether I'm the only person who has never knowingly heard a Kendrick Lamar song. Or a Drake song. Or indeed anything by Major Lazer, Boy Better Know or any of the other bands that people say are headlining or who are in the running for future headliners. I guess I just ain't down with the kids but that's fine with me because there's been loads of people in the run up to this festival who have never heard of either the National or Ride and they're two of the bands I'm most looking forward to.

+1 Here

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Led Zep - Plant has cryptic "Any Time Soon" message on his website, although this is believed to be related to a forthcoming solo album. Can't see any Page dates listed although Plant played with Brian Johnson and Paul Rodgers the other night. Get the impression that Page and JPJ would reform Led Zep at the drop of a hat, Plant when hell freezes over. Have played once as Led Zep in 35 years and that a to commemorate the death of a friend. Page and Plant played Glastonbury together before when they were active as a duo in 1995. Dave Grohl loves 'em but they aren't going to sub FF. Their availability makes them more likely than PF, but still very unlikely to happen. 2/10

Excellent summary, ta Mr T.

Last night a chat with a mate who has contacts that are fairly close to Page says that *a* Led Zep reunion is definitely now on the cards (with Plant accepting $15m to do it), but that after most people reckoned it was for this year's Desert Trip (which last year had that incredible lineup with the Stones, McCartney, Dylan, Neil Young etc.) it transpires that Desert Trip isn't on this year. So what's it for? Some are now suggesting that it could be a 'soft' reunion where Page, Plant & Jones guest for a few songs with the Foos in their ever-long Glasto set, before maybe playing in their own right (with Jason on drums) at Desert Trip next year. Or indeed something else entirely!

1 minute ago, Monkismo said:

Nah you're 1 of about 20 who have said that just in this thread alone. That's cool though, can't hear everything. D'you not just get curious and give it a go when they're mentioned so often though? Drives me bananas when people with half decent musical opinions love stuff I've never heard of. (doesn't always mean I like it when I try it, can't like everything)

Still between Kinks/Gaga/Gallagher for me. Gorillaz doesn't seem a right fit at all. The way Emily said "I haven't told anybody it's happening" doesn't make sense with them. Has to be someone who hasn't played recently. I know all three have but not in that guise/at their current level.

Edited by Bradders

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Still between Kinks/Gaga/Gallagher for me. Gorillaz doesn't seem a right fit at all. The way Emily said "I haven't told anybody it's happening" doesn't make sense with them. Has to be someone who hasn't played recently. I know all three have but not in that guise/at their current level.

I've no idea why any of this rules out Noodle and the lads.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Nah you're 1 of about 20 who have said that just in this thread alone. That's cool though, can't hear everything. D'you not just get curious and give it a go when they're mentioned so often though? Drives me bananas when people with half decent musical opinions love stuff I've never heard of. (doesn't always mean I like it when I try it, can't like everything)

Nah, one quick look at the genres tells me everything I need to know - Grime, R&B and EDM are pretty much my idea of music hell. I told a lie before actually - I have heard a Drake song albeit it was the one that he did with Rihanna that the NME said was their tune of 2016. I thought it was appalling. I guess it's just a matter of taste but I can see no redeeming features whatsoever in 99% of anything that's popular these days. But, as i said, that's fine with me because for every Major Lazer, Kendrick, Stormzy, Nikki Minaj, Rihanna, Chase and Status, J Hus and whoever else is in the charts, there's a Slowdive, Shins, The National, Angel Olsen, Perfume Genius, Thurston Moore, Girlpool, King Gizzard and Ryan Adams releasing music that I do like. I'll just listen to them and stop going to festivals when there's a lack of bands I like who are playing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

if we "know" the Pyramid sub on Friday, then we also know the Pyramid sub on Saturday, as the info for both has been provided by NME in the same way.

I thought they were was some doubt as to whether The National would sub? If that's who you're on about?

Edited by The Red Telephone

19 minutes ago, billum said:

Excellent summary, ta Mr T.

Last night a chat with a mate who has contacts that are fairly close to Page says that *a* Led Zep reunion is definitely now on the cards (with Plant accepting $15m to do it), but that after most people reckoned it was for this year's Desert Trip (which last year had that incredible lineup with the Stones, McCartney, Dylan, Neil Young etc.) it transpires that Desert Trip isn't on this year. So what's it for? Some are now suggesting that it could be a 'soft' reunion where Page, Plant & Jones guest for a few songs with the Foos in their ever-long Glasto set, before maybe playing in their own right (with Jason on drums) at Desert Trip next year. Or indeed something else entirely!

I'm of the opinion that clutching at straws with regards to Glastonbury is both fun and absolutely fine as I know I'm going to have a great time and find it impossible to be disappointed even if the straw clutching is wrong

For that reason, a part of me is grabbing at all the Led Zepp related straws I can and assuming that the weird Airship fly past mentioned a while back has something to do with this potential reunion and we'll see a mid day Led Zep set complete with actual Zeppelin. (http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2017-worlds-largest-aircraft-22150)

The rational part of me says Gorillaz but I'm happy to have fun getting excited for and speculating about Led Zepp anyway :P

(plus I won't be disappointed with Gorillaz anyway so it feels pretty win-win)

• Upvote 1