"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

Its the main and likely only reason to rule them out. Easily play the west coast of America one day then U.K. the next day? Not happening. 

If you can show me any other act (other than Phil Collins's live aid stunt) that has pulled that off then I'm all ears ! 

Collins only got as far as the East coast and had Concorde to help him.  

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well his European tour does end the weekend before Glastonbury.. would he be considered headliner status though, or more Pharrell sub status?

I would think headliner status but could potentially do it as a "special guest"?

Elton John is touring in June. Tour dates fit and he's free on the Sunday. Can imagine him in the legend slot would equal Lionel Richie in terms of crowd size and would be a massive coup for the festival.

Edited by Roger1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Elton John is touring in June. Tour dates fit and he's free on the Sunday. Can imagine him in the legend slot would equal Lionel Richie in terms of crowd size and would be a massive coup for the festival.

Always wanted Elton at Glasto.

I have found it odd that the legend slot hasn't been officially confirmed compared to previous years. Has Gibb been confirmed as the legend slot by Eavis?

10 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

I thought he was busy on the Sunday?

4 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Always wanted Elton at Glasto.

I have found it odd that the legend slot hasn't been officially confirmed compared to previous years. Has Gibb been confirmed as the legend slot by Eavis?

No he hasn't which adds to the speculation 

2 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Its the main and likely only reason to rule them out. Easily play the west coast of America one day then U.K. the next day? Not happening. 

If you can show me any other act (other than Phil Collins's live aid stunt) that has pulled that off then I'm all ears ! 

loads of acts do it every summer.

Caribou played Longitude festival in Dublin a couple of years ago on the Saturday evening and the US on the Sunday.

Bring Me The Horizon did similar last year, possibly the opposite way which is far harder.

I think Kendrick did a UK or European gig on day last year and was in the US the next night too.

16 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Agreed, would be a belter as long as he doesn't play that candle in the Shite song and keeps it upbeat to help those amongst the crowd having a 4day comedown 

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

loads of acts do it every summer.

Caribou played Longitude festival in Dublin a couple of years ago on the Saturday evening and the US on the Sunday.

Bring Me The Horizon did similar last year, possibly the opposite way which is far harder.

I think Kendrick did a UK or European gig on day last year and was in the US the next night too.

Fine point well made, but they were all in middle of big pre planned tours, and are on the way up to the top whereas qotsa are pretty much there. Can't see it at all, given they are lazy sods touring wise last few years.

It's going to be a British act, if it's an act at all.

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He is, but only in France. That's never stopped the Eavii in the past.

I didn't realise he was in France, that's a shame as he would have owned that slot! Only hope is like you said the Eavii persuade him to do a "Who" and play

18 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Emily...two next month...making sure she gets marmite on her toast.  

No doubt oblivious to most of what what was going on and the impact she would have on the festival.