"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

56 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Still the best thread ever on here that 2015 effort. Fond memories of it.

It got really silly when people started speculating there was going to be some out-of-this world supergroup based on ME's vague remarks.

Nah, just Weller followed by The Who.

Now, people wouldn't be speculating about a form of super group on the Pyramid on the Sunday this year, would they?..................... Let's go round again!

30 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

That U2 set was a strange experience. I really like U2 (Lets just accept that for the sake of this next part) I've seen them quite a few times and always thought they've been great live.

They should have played at the glorious hot festival the year before without having the ridiculous flying to/from USA to make it happen situation the year they did play. If that had happened Im certain it would have been great.

Moving on though to what actually did happen, torrential driving horizontal rain happened. The conditions were terrible and my experience was not a great one at all. A few months ago, I thought I would revisit the set on youtube, it looks great to me now, really great. Make of that what you will!

I enjoyed their set. The weather was terrible, I'm pretty sure half the crowd wanted them to fail so they were out of thier element for a change and they had to put a bit of sweat on. It was not a comfortable evening for them which made it all the more interesting for me. All in all had a pretty good night that night, ended up escaping the rain in a cider tent that had mexican wrestling on! Happy days.

3 minutes ago, LGH said:

Do we think the fact it was announced on radio 1 will have any bearing as to who it is, someone aimed at the radio 1 demographic? 

According to Radio 4's Media Show the other week the Radio 1 demographic is mid-30s surprisingly. 

Which os similar to G's average demographic...

1 minute ago, brighton1983 said:

Take that ?

...so possibly. 

Although I fucking hope not. Especially if that c**t Williams is involved. Or the tax dodger. Or the little adulterous one. Or the one that left. Or the one with the pet tortoise with the lisp (him, not the tortoise. Although the tortoise may have a lisp. They've got big tongues compared to the size of their beak things, them tortoises). 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

That U2 set was a strange experience. I really like U2 (Lets just accept that for the sake of this next part) I've seen them quite a few times and always thought they've been great live.

They should have played at the glorious hot festival the year before without having the ridiculous flying to/from USA to make it happen situation the year they did play. If that had happened Im certain it would have been great.

Moving on though to what actually did happen, torrential driving horizontal rain happened. The conditions were terrible and my experience was not a great one at all. A few months ago, I thought I would revisit the set on youtube, it looks great to me now, really great. Make of that what you will!

I was watching Chemical Brothers on the other stage at the same time. Didn't care about the weather as the set was uplifting enough to get us through it all. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was watching Chemical Brothers on the other stage at the same time. Didn't care about the weather as the set was uplifting enough to get us through it all. 

Chems weren't on that night, Primal Scream were.  Chems played the Saturday (and it didn't rain).

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Except that U2 played on Friday and Chems on Saturday.... Sun was out by the tea-time on the Saturday and Chems was lovely conditions on the back of Friendly Fires and White Lies.

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

According to Radio 4's Media Show the other week the Radio 1 demographic is mid-30s surprisingly. 

Which os similar to G's average demographic...

...so possibly. 

Although I fucking hope not. Especially if that c**t Williams is involved. Or the tax dodger. Or the little adulterous one. Or the one that left. Or the one with the pet tortoise with the lisp (him, not the tortoise. Although the tortoise may have a lisp. They've got big tongues compared to the size of their beak things, them tortoises). 

I'd love a pet tortoise. But now if I get one I'm gonna call it Jamie Oliver cos he talks like his tongue is too big for his face as well. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

Except that U2 played on Friday and Chems on Saturday.... Sun was out by the tea-time on the Saturday and Chems was lovely conditions on the back of Friendly Fires and White Lies.

that Friendly Fires set was so good. wish they'd stop dicking around and get back to making music together, nearly 6 years since their last album.

How about sheeran getting (or previously agreeing to being) bumped down to sub on the Sunday night for Led Zep with grohl on drums.

Still can't get head around why the foos would come over to play the cheese & grain just to make the announcement, when a FB post would have sufficed!! Maybe there were other bigger things to discuss / agree / rehearse for. Plus the message on Plants site. Plus that airship thing. 

16 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Led Zep...? Apparently plans are being finalised for a huge airship to fly over the festival http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2017-worlds-largest-aircraft-22150

But you can't believe everything you read :lol:

Having a dodgy airship fly over the most densely populated areas? Smart that.

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

that Friendly Fires set was so good. wish they'd stop dicking around and get back to making music together, nearly 6 years since their last album.

IIRC they're in the process of writing/recording a new album. Made it pretty clear after Pala that their next album would be totally different so interested to see if they've followed through with that. Excited either way - great band and excellent live act.