"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I presumed he was on about the year there was talk of a 4th headliner,m so that was the answer he got.

Correct, I think I was confusing 2005 with 2009, i think 2005 was when all the speculation was on who was replacing someone and it turned out to be basement jax

56 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Hows about Talking Heads or U2

Blimey, a terrible taunt in the thought that the Heads could do it, but countered with the awful memory of U2's atrocious set in 2011. A true rollercoaster of emotions in a few short words

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, billum said:

Blimey, a terrible taunt in the thought that the Heads could do it, but countered with the awful memory of U2's atrocious set in 2011. A true rollercoaster of emotions in a few short words

nah, david's got a new thing opening in the US at beginning of June, so that's what's been keeping him quite lately. 

I can't leave the REM thing alone.  Neil when you say you can see it happening,  is that purely cos they've seemed to soften slightly in interviews about never reforming, or has there been other things to indicate there might be a chance

Always regretted not seeing them at Manchester on what became their last tour in the UK, although I have seen them at Glastonbury before.

I just can't see a band reforming for a festival show (or at least a festival show being one of the first gigs)

2 minutes ago, billum said:

That U2 set was a strange experience. I really like U2 (Lets just accept that for the sake of this next part) I've seen them quite a few times and always thought they've been great live.

They should have played at the glorious hot festival the year before without having the ridiculous flying to/from USA to make it happen situation the year they did play. If that had happened Im certain it would have been great.

Moving on though to what actually did happen, torrential driving horizontal rain happened. The conditions were terrible and my experience was not a great one at all. A few months ago, I thought I would revisit the set on youtube, it looks great to me now, really great. Make of that what you will!

2 minutes ago, splinterbungee said:

I can't leave the REM thing alone.  Neil when you say you can see it happening,  is that purely cos they've seemed to soften slightly in interviews about never reforming, or has there been other things to indicate there might be a chance

Always regretted not seeing them at Manchester on what became their last tour in the UK, although I have seen them at Glastonbury before.

I just can't see a band reforming for a festival show (or at least a festival show being one of the first gigs)

I'm pretty sure i heard an interview about 6 months ago with one of them - i think stipe - which said something about how his view towards getting back together has softened as the years had passed. 

2 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

That U2 set was a strange experience. I really like U2 (Lets just accept that for the sake of this next part) I've seen them quite a few times and always thought they've been great live.

They should have played at the glorious hot festival the year before without having the ridiculous flying to/from USA to make it happen situation the year they did play. If that had happened Im certain it would have been great.

Moving on though to what actually did happen, torrential driving horizontal rain happened. The conditions were terrible and my experience was not a great one at all. A few months ago, I thought I would revisit the set on youtube, it looks great to me now, really great. Make of that what you will!

Me & a pal left U2 early coz they were pants, went to Primal Scream on the OT and in the same conditions, done a bostin set..

4 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

I make what I usually make of it.  The rain didn't make them get their setlist wrong.