"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

My first time at Glastonbury and over 50 and as I am going for the experience and not so much the music as I am an old rocker in my heart... I have suggested a few who are at best wishful thinking I am more excited about the reveal rather than who they are .... my wishes would be 

Iron Maiden 0 percent

Guns and Roses

Pink Floyd

Neil Diamond... yes I did say that :-)

Already happened

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

from a read of this article (published today) it doesn't sound like it'll be the kinks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4498022/The-Kinks-Dave-Davies-feud-brother-Ray.html

Its an interesting article, they seem to love each other and hate each other equally as much. 

Dunno where that stands them but in their 70s Id say its basically now or never for them to do any sort of Kinks reunion, even as a one off. There wont be many more chances.

21 hours ago, henry bear said:

It was about 6 months ago that Ray Davies said something about The Kinks potentially doing Glastonbury, and ME said in an interview shortly after that he'd just been on the phone to RD.

I heard an interview on 6 Music a while ago (6 months-ish) with Dave Davies saying that he wanted to do Glastonbury this year and that he was waiting for Ray to call him back about it. 

Not sure if this bit of info has been mentioned in the previous million pages, but there must be a good chance it is The Kinks.

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

There's plenty on outdoor stages on the Thursday in the south east corner 

Yeah, giving the licence a closer read, @Deaf Nobby Burton is right, outdoor stages aren't explicitly barred.  They did  get in trouble a few years back for playing music on W Holts on the Thursday, (2004? 2005?).  @eFestivals can probably correct me on the details on that.  

The relevant passage is (emphasis mine):

PN4. Music noise, such as vocal and/or instruments (live or recorded) occurring outside the periods between 10:00 on the Friday and Saturday and 00:30 the following day and between 10:00 and midnight on the Sunday of the licensed period specific shall not be distinct above the general hubbub of activity on the site and not identified as coming from more or more distinct sound sources on site when assess in a "free field" location adjacent to any noise sensitive premises ...

So basically, if you're at a noise sensitive location and can can pick out a specific stage, it's in breach.

So, yeah, play the Pyramid really quietly on the Wednesday and you should be legal! 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You can also read that as any band can play the pyramid on the Thursday as long as the rest of the site is being as equally noisy.

So putting Napalm Death on a Thur night might make sense in that they want to up the nouse levels all round. 

:D

Anyway went and read a few interviews from the Davies brothers from the last six months and both are completely inconsistent on how possible a Kinks reunion would be. 

Both seem to go from its entirely possible to itll take a miracle to its on the verge of happening interview by interview. 

The only thing they are consistent on is their inconsistency. 

For me a lot of it depends on what slot it's going to be. If it is that Saturday sub slot like The Libertines had it can't be someone massive, certainly not some of the names being banded about in here, Foo Fighters would just be overshadowed 

Just now, Waapster said:

It will be the legend slot, veteran performer, national treasure, currently touring.

And it is approximately 6 months since I last mentioned 10cc on here...

yes 10cc!! I dont like cricket! oh no! I love it! 

3 minutes ago, Waapster said:

It will be the legend slot, veteran performer, national treasure, currently touring.

And it is approximately 6 months since I last mentioned 10cc on here...

they're a fantastic live act with a huge string of hits .... but far too small for what Emily said to be about them.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Will they be showing the cricket this year?

shut the front door!! they had the cricket on last year? :D

2 x 20/20 games on against SA! surely they wont have it on? 

Edited by Havors

I was hoping Emily was dropping a hint when she said "...everything in the right place" and that Radiohead are gonna say 'sod all the OK Computer anniversary stuff' and instead do the whole of Kid A on The Park.

Edited by smileydevil

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The Zeppelin rumours are because of this:

http://www.robertplant.com/

They were going into raptures in the States over this, Plant has apparently accepted $15 million to reform, but most likely is at the big desert festival which had McCartney, Dylan, etc last year.

Well that festival ain't a goer this year so looks like they can be written off entirely (not that they should've ever been considered a possibility anyway).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/desert-trip-will-not-return-in-2017-w482005