"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

3 hours ago, watsonjm said:

Missed this, what did Lambert say?

http://www.nme.com/news/music/adam-lambert-responds-rumours-queen-headline-glastonbury-2020-2063271

"We’re trying to just do one year at a time! You know, because we’re pretty much booked for the rest of the year this year, so I don’t know...I mean, I’m sure that if it were the right type of arrangement, I’m sure we would all be really, really honoured to be a part of Glastonbury".

Admittedly looks a little lightweight out of context.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Just mentally play through him saying these three band names at full volume.  It's glorious, even inside my own head.

METRONOMY!

JUSTICE!

FOO FIGHTERS!

Glorious, indeed!  Interspersed with random, unrelated anecdotes or mutterings.   Entertainment right there.

Perhaps this new Ben Howard venture 'Blaze of Feather'?

That whole thing has been a secret until last couple of weeks. They were down on the latitude poster without anyone knowing who they were... Not sure this can be classed as 'big' though? 
The dream is Led Zeppelin or Daft Punk but they aren't happening, so trying to be more realistic with EE's idea of 'big secret'.

3 minutes ago, CajunMoon said:

Perhaps this new Ben Howard venture 'Blaze of Feather'?

That whole thing has been a secret until last couple of weeks. They were down on the latitude poster without anyone knowing who they were... Not sure this can be classed as 'big' though? 

That would categorically be be the worlds biggest damp squib since the Millenium Bug. 

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Drake appearing with BBK is a good shout.

Bon Iver playing (either secret set or Pyramid sub/Other headliner Fri/Sat possibly) is a decent shout by someone earlier too. maybe Park headliner Sunday? 10 year anniversary, plus against Ed would spread the crowd. maybe too big to be announced there though? maybe WH headliner Sunday seeing as we're still kind of in the dark on that?

Drake is not going to be announced, someone coming out with another act won't be announced as it'll kill the hype the report feom it gets. 

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

It's just standard online forums and Facebook chatter, but the consensus seems to be that those posting the stuff have been accurate before. Mainly stuff around most of the band wanting to record properly and do more shows, but Reni being an arse about it. Allegedly the drumming on the two new songs is just a loop as Reni walked out, and he dislikes Beautiful Thing (the one decent song they actually released after their comeback), hence they never play it live.

Oh right, don't think anything new is good tbf.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Would Bon Iver, Liam Gallagher, Elbow or Richard Ashcroft really be classed as  "really big secret"?

She said there are a few secrets to come including a "really big one". I wouldn't consider them to be.

Drake - who I don't like, fair enough. He is massive, that would be.

Madonna for example - yes.

Fucking Elbow? - Nah.

The only smaller one is Liam but they would just add him, unless the condition of him playing is that he's announced on his own so the Reading sub doesn't lool as bad.

1 hour ago, Mattty said:

I'd argue that to a typical Glasto ticket holder (probably not an efests user), Liam Gallagher/Ashcroft/Bon Iver/Elbow would be the biggest announcement since the first poster. 

It'd be underwhelming to us though

Elbow are now an academy band.....a quite forgotten one too. There is no chance they would be announced on their own or a huge deal made.

39 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

The likes of Gaga/Gorillaz/Elbow... would the festival have any real reason to keep them secret for 6 months? Other than for the sake of saying "we've kept them secret for 6 months!" 

Gaga has her own tour...plus announced another date in London which would have added to putting people off too, a similar thing with Ashcroft.

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National are almost certainly doing it.

They are unless another act slips into that section on the poster.

8 minutes ago, Hawros said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/adam-lambert-responds-rumours-queen-headline-glastonbury-2020-2063271

"We’re trying to just do one year at a time! You know, because we’re pretty much booked for the rest of the year this year, so I don’t know...I mean, I’m sure that if it were the right type of arrangement, I’m sure we would all be really, really honoured to be a part of Glastonbury".

Admittedly looks a little lightweight out of context.

They're playing in the USA over the weekend.

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

They were only booked 2 weeks before the were announced. can't remember if it was Kevin Parker that said it or Emily, but someone definitely said it was only a couple of weeks before.

Ah fair enough, I couldn't remember the circumstances around it, pretty decent booking to get two weeks before either way!

14 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

I'm going for Macca + Ringo! The 50th anniversary edition of Sgt Pepper is out at the start of June. To add to this is the 50th anniversary of the BBC's first worldwide simulcast, which was All you need is love, and just so happens to fall on the Sunday of Glasto....

I'll buy you all the pints at the efesters meet if this turns out to be true

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

What's Rammstein up to this summer ??? 

The reason I say is that they were bringing a few metal acts through 

This would be ridiculous. I wouldnt know what to do with muself. Sadly like many of the suggestions maybe its a bit full-on, buuut it has made me think that maybe it could be another announcement on that stage? Or something else which has been changed around the site in the same manner, unexpected rather than world-renowned.  I'd put Napalm Death into the "big surprise" category, regardless of whether one was happy about it or not!

Kendrick's the most exciting semi-realistic option for me, but I was burnt hoping he'd be on the first poster so I haven't got my hopes too high. There's no way it can be Led Zep. Unless they sneak them in after Napalm Death. 

All this though and it's probably just they're showing the rugby on the other stage.