"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

5 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

http://www.robertplant.com/

would led zeppelin or a plant solo show be good enough for a legends slot? ;P

Zep would overshadow the three headliners...... Combined. It would be the biggest act Glastonbury could put on imo, they are same level as the Stones. Only really Floyd who could challenge. 

Which is why I reckon theres about 0.000008% chance it being a Zep reunion. That said Id love to be wrong and ill buy a pint between everyone on here if it is. 

1 minute ago, chatty said:

Zep would overshadow the three headliners...... Combined. It would be the biggest act Glastonbury could put on imo, they are same level as the Stones. Only really Floyd who could challenge. 

Which is why I reckon theres about 0.000008% chance it being a Zep reunion. That said Id love to be wrong and ill buy a pint between everyone on here if it is. 

yeah that is the problem. Still, offer of pint duly noted!

It can't be Daft Punk. Where the hell are they going to play? Not that I don't want it to be. I;d lose my mind but I can't be getting my hopes up over it. Same goes for Zep. It's going to be big, but not that big.

Is the "big secret" one that will be announced or was Eavis referencing a secret set do we know?

Edited by mf_2005

BBC Glasto Twitter saying something about their Instagram for full story. I don't do Instagram so not sure whether it's just Emily's interview or something going to be announced imminently 

5 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

Webcams been down since last night, 6 music keeps mentioning the big news ... Bets on a big blimp in the sky when it comes back on ? 

The duff beer stage, literally out of this world. Well, not literally, just a bit above the ground.

2 minutes ago, srb said:

BBC Glasto Twitter saying something about their Instagram for full story. I don't do Instagram so not sure whether it's just Emily's interview or something going to be announced imminently 

Did they say their instagram story? They've just posted a story of 10 things they're excited for nothing of note just the usual.

Just now, Mattty said:

A lot of ambitious suggestions in this thread. Am I right in saying that if it's an act to be announced before the fest, these are the most likely?:

1. Green Day

2. Gaga

3. Robbie Williams

They're theoretically possible, but I dunno about 'most likely'.  

There's a real possibility that even after the festival is over we'll still arguing for years to come about who she meant .

Drake appearing with BBK is a good shout.

Bon Iver playing (either secret set or Pyramid sub/Other headliner Fri/Sat possibly) is a decent shout by someone earlier too. maybe Park headliner Sunday? 10 year anniversary, plus against Ed would spread the crowd. maybe too big to be announced there though? maybe WH headliner Sunday seeing as we're still kind of in the dark on that?

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're theoretically possible, but I dunno about 'most likely'.  

There's a real possibility that even after the festival is over we'll still arguing for years to come about who she meant .

But if it is an act, who would you say is most likely?

54 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not seen anything to suggest this?

It's just standard online forums and Facebook chatter, but the consensus seems to be that those posting the stuff have been accurate before. Mainly stuff around most of the band wanting to record properly and do more shows, but Reni being an arse about it. Allegedly the drumming on the two new songs is just a loop as Reni walked out, and he dislikes Beautiful Thing (the one decent song they actually released after their comeback), hence they never play it live.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elbow, Liam Gallagher, Richard Ashcroft

Seems a bit more realistic. Tbh I like 2 out of the 3 acts so it would likely be an improvement to the festival for me

Edited by Mattty

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Bon Iver playing (either secret set or Pyramid sub/Other headliner Fri/Sat possibly) is a decent shout by someone earlier too. maybe Park headliner Sunday? 10 year anniversary, plus against Ed would spread the crowd. maybe too big to be announced there though? maybe WH headliner Sunday seeing as we're still kind of in the dark on that?

this.

Would Bon Iver, Liam Gallagher, Elbow or Richard Ashcroft really be classed as  "really big secret"?

She said there are a few secrets to come including a "really big one". I wouldn't consider them to be.

Drake - who I don't like, fair enough. He is massive, that would be.

Madonna for example - yes.

Fucking Elbow? - Nah.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

21 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

No matter what happens from here on in, the revelation that Brian Blessed will go for lunch with strangers on request will top anything.

I'm with you on this! Wonder if we can get him to meet us for a cider somewhere one day? 

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Would Bon Iver, Liam Gallagher, Elbow or Richard Ashcroft really be classed as  "really big secret"?

She said there are a few secrets to come including a "really big one". I wouldn't consider them to be.

Drake - who I don't like, fair enough. He is massive, that would be.

Madonna for example - yes.

Fucking Elbow? - Nah.

Exactly my thinking, unless it's just overshooting how big it will actually be

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

From the point of view of someone booking a festival who has one of them in her back pocket, probably.

From the point of view of a punter who's not really bothered about any of them, then probably not.