"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Stevie Nicks is my guess.... She is playing Hyde park a week or so after Glasto and nothing before...? 

That or Genesis. Green Day are booked up for the weekend I think. 

Green day could do the Sunday 

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

There's not a chance in hell that Phil Collins has been prepping his own band for the tour and Genesis. I realise that this thread is hitting peak speculation, but behave, people!

:)

Ben

Ben, Ben, Ben.... that's not the spirit. You need to suggest an entirely implausible suggestion which we then get irrationally convinced is definitely playing, setting our expectations so high that we are crushingly disappointed when The Kooks are announced. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Bit random (and not sure if it's that big of a deal) but i think Celine Dion is around glasto week

That'd be huge, i'd hate it, but it'd be huge.  I'd probably get dragged to it too.  Looking at her dates I think it'd involve her doing three days in a row, and she doesn't seem to do that - not impossible though.  Also, it'd be Saturday?  I guess if they could get her then she'd be on whatever day she's available, but Sunday would be more likely...

Loving the wild speculation on this thread. 

My twopence: Emily is referring to either the legend slot or Other opener. The tone of the interview suggests it'll be an announced slot, too.

On the Sheeran secret slot, as @eFestivals has previously suggested, strongly hinting at it would kill it stone dead. Don't think she would wish to do that. Even if speculating might lead us there.

1 hour ago, dimus said:

Full 4 day festival with Thursday still having a huge pyramid headliner to be announced would be amazing. Could be why she said 'we're fitting in 2 festivals worth of acts' a while ago. Unlikely really, but I can dream.

imagine this with a decent headliner. this forum would collectively go mental for days 

I think we're all getting a bit carried away here with Stone Roses etc.

I'm filing this under the same category as 'it's going to be the best one yet!' which usually precedes an always excellent but standard Glastonbury. Basically expectations set to minimum.

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

I'm filing this under the same category as 'it's going to be the best one yet!' which usually precedes an always excellent but standard Glastonbury. Basically expectations set to minimum.

Elbow it is then.

• Upvote 2

Going to be the best one yet means , Cold play Muse and Elbow are playing 

• Upvote 1

Too close to the festival for that IMO

why are people so sure its not the other stage headliner one night? could easily have convinced a large act to do that, its not much of a step down from the pyramid (other then headlining the pyramid of course but those are already nailed on) after all stage times and lineups havnt been announced yet.

Do we think theyll let us into it when the final poster is released? or will it be kept as a secret right up to festi time?