• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Borrowing/lending a mallet is in my top 4 ways of meeting the neighbours

What other methods are in your top 4?

5 hours ago, maclauk said:

There is a bloody good reason to avoid Hunter's.

I bought Hunters by accident in early 2008. I was working new Pall Mall and we got sent home early one lunchtime because it started snowing really heavily. I had a pair of crappy flat shoes on so decided to visit the Farlows (a ridiculously posh outdoorsy shop, with shooting jackets and whatnot) on Pall Mall before walking to the station on the off chance that they might have some wellies which didn't cost the earth. I saw the huge Hunter's range and thought there would be no chance I'd be able to afford a pair, until I saw a big 'sale' sign, which had a pair of silver Hunters at 80% off - I think they cost me about £20 - and I've used them ever since. They're actually fantastic; comfortable sturdy and really grippy. This was just before the brand massively took off (I think Kate Moss was pictured in them at Glastonbury 2007 with Pete Doherty) - I reckon they're not made nearly as well nowadays.

3 hours ago, alibear said:

What other methods are in your top 4?

Saying hello.

Sharing booze.

Listing something good on a 'top' list with an arbitrary number, being called out on it, having to continue with the bluff unsuccessfully and everyone having a jolly laugh at me.

I'm glad I said top 4 and not top 9.

Hi

ground very hard and dry.  

Very dusty, security now wearing dust masks.

I have heard mention we could have a few rain showers on Saturday and Sunday.  The ground can easily take this IF it happens. 

Security has been stepped up, loads now on site.

Went on site today. Didn't have too much trouble pitching a couple of tents in the greenfields, the ground still yielded to standard tent pegs and mallet.

Dust levels were very high (some traffic stewards were masked up) and hayfever was pretty bad. I was pleased to find that muddy lane was indeed still muddy, even if only in a few patches!

Suprised to find the Pyramid stage devoid of any decoration. Still time tho.

On 17/06/2017 at 7:18 PM, Mr Splodge said:

Hi

ground very hard and dry.  

Very dusty, security now wearing dust masks.

I have heard mention we could have a few rain showers on Saturday and Sunday.  The ground can easily take this IF it happens. 

Security has been stepped up, loads now on site.

they had better get on with it early by tomorrow I need to try and cry it for my pyramid hat !!

Today's report.

brutal on site so hot no breeze working was a nightmare.

sunshine all day no cloud 

spraying the roads to keep the dust down but only lasts 10 minutes until the dust starts again.

ground harder than concrete getting pegs in will be a mission 

anyone leaving before my next report have a safe journey and a fab festival hopefully meet at the efests meet Wednesday 

1 minute ago, Mattty said:

Out of interest, are workers not allowed to take pics? For the amount of people on the site there isn't that many

The workers are working! Plus it's starting to get a little cooler so more productive work can be done, I'm imagining many of the outdoor workers were having a siesta to avoid the worst of the sun and working late into the evening.