The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

I think 100% means everyone will be searched at some level, not that everyone will be fully searched. 

Edit:  To me it would make sense logistically to do more of the searching in the car parks than the gates.  Maybe some sort of security label affixed to bags already checked?

Talking of labels, what are people doing about that?  Would a bit of gaffer tape with my details in Sharpie do?

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i haven't been searched in a few years.  i was beginning to fear i was looking somewhat respectable, or at least too old to be up to misbehaviour.

this policy has given my ego a little boost, however superficially.

Yeah I've never been searched and I kind of wonder why :lol:

45 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I'm not sure about the 10 minutes per search, nor the assumption that 100% of people will be searched. I think it'll be a subset, and more akin to airport style random etc. - without the scanners. In truth, the announcement itself is a small deterrent - they don't now have to follow up in as draconian a fashion as we are all anticipating.

This.  Also people coming in from the CV fields should be carrying much less stuff than those who are bringing in full camping gear.  How much they're going to search vans is another matter though.  I think we need to prepare to queue for as long as it takes, and accept it as part of the price of the golden ticket we're so lucky to have.  Or adopt @fatyeti24's approach and enjoy the search....  

Tonight's site update. Bit late sorry 

we had rain in the morning and a few light showers the big thunderstorm that was due between 10 AM and 1 PM didn't happen (much relief).

site has some puddles but nothing significant the grass is immaculate :)

will be having a big wander on Sunday and will give a report after.  Hopefully find some information regarding the public entry as well.

Have a good weekend all.  

14 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site update. Bit late sorry 

we had rain in the morning and a few light showers the big thunderstorm that was due between 10 AM and 1 PM didn't happen (much relief).

site has some puddles but nothing significant the grass is immaculate :)

will be having a big wander on Sunday and will give a report after.  Hopefully find some information regarding the public entry as well.

Have a good weekend all.  

Don't forget to try and get a sneaky peak at the 'new layout' by silver Hayes and other. ;) Cheers lovely. 

On 2017-6-8 at 8:56 AM, fatyeti24 said:

i haven't been searched in a few years.  i was beginning to fear i was looking somewhat respectable, or at least too old to be up to misbehaviour.

this policy has given my ego a little boost, however superficially.

On 2017-6-8 at 9:17 AM, EamerRed said:

Yeah I've never been searched and I kind of wonder why :lol:

I seem to always get searched at airports (must look shifty) so I'm sure I'll get the full treatment 

absolutely amazing - watch this on big scree, high def if poss. 

As some one said above the festival is in a very nice neighbourhood.....!

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Looking good dated 8/6/17

eone said above - festival is in a very nice neighbourhood .....

On 09/06/2017 at 5:02 PM, Copperface said:

Looking good dated 8/6/17

Noooo why has it been taken down?? I wonder if the organisers asked him to remove it for being too revealing or something?

I'm glad I did get a chance to see it but I want to see it again! Hopefully he puts it back up or makes another closer to the festival.