Leftfield

Michaels denim shorts

4 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Expected them to be on a bigger stage TBH, early in day on the park maybe, but that will do. 

Me too. Thought the JP would have been a possibility. Friday is shaping up to be a good one!

Last year my Sunday headliners were The Selecter in Leftfield followed by the rest of Earth, Wind and Fires set at West Holts. Will be repeating that this year with Dreadzone and whoever is headlining WH's. Great way to end the festival!

1 minute ago, Neville Street said:

Any news on whether Steve Knightley and/or Show of Hands will appear elsewhere? Not on the lineup rumours, but hoping his appearance in the round up is because he's there anyway :)

He said on a recent Facebook post that he would be there with Tom Robinson - no mention of Phil or Miranda.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Saw dreadzone a few years ago in the avalon. Not my usual thing, but really enjoyed it.

So far they are my sunday headliner

Don't worry, Leftfield always finishes a bit earlier than the Pyramid etc, so you'll still have time to nip up to the Pyramid and catch a bit of Ed

58 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

leftfield.jpg

My display picture finally bears some connection to Glastonbury, after all this time :D

John McDonnell can sod off though. Also Clive Lewis will probably be in the middle of a leadership campaign by then, so he's obviously going to end up cancelling.

2 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Any news on whether Steve Knightley and/or Show of Hands will appear elsewhere? Not on the lineup rumours, but hoping his appearance in the round up is because he's there anyway :)

Show of Hands played as a band last year so probably unlikely.

On the years they don't play Steve just about always doing something on his own - Given past form I'd guess the most likely option would be a set in either Croissant Neuf, Avalon Cafe, or Toad Hall, none of which have announced yet.

• Upvote 1

I only ever went to one debate at Glasto and that was about student fees and unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot of debate going on because it was all coming from people who pretty much just agreed with each other, which kind put me off it as for me its a bit pointless if people are just monologuing. Does anyone go more regularly and know if there's more opposing views normally and maybe it was just a singluar poor debate? Do they have people across the political spectrum or from diff schools of thought, basically?

PS Love a bit of Dreadzone though

1 hour ago, Dan190984 said:

Will Beans On Toast likely be playing anywhere else? That slot looks like clash territory and I've not yet managed to see him.

Nah he only ever plays once :)

Nah winding you up, he's generally on five or six times throughout the festival, but the last few years because he's been getting booked for slots by the bigger stages (Hell, Avalon, Leftfield) he tends to keep those quite quiet to try and get as many people as possible along to the big show (because turnout matters when stages look at who to book in future years). Best bet is to keep an eye on his Twitter for smaller shows.

50 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

At last... a potential Sunday headliner for me :)

Remember Leftfield finishes at 10pm.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I only ever went to one debate at Glasto and that was about student fees and unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot of debate going on because it was all coming from people who pretty much just agreed with each other, which kind put me off it as for me its a bit pointless if people are just monologuing. Does anyone go more regularly and know if there's more opposing views normally and maybe it was just a singluar poor debate? Do they have people across the political spectrum or from diff schools of thought, basically?

PS Love a bit of Dreadzone though

went to a 'general election: what to do next' debate in 2015 and there were quite a few Tory voters who turned up and voiced their opinions, everyone on the panel was firmly left-wing though and it being a Sunday afternoon nobody could really be bothered arguing with anyone anyway