Yeo Valley

alanr

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

im sure the bags will still be there, it'll either just have a different sponsor or no sponsor. After all it is basically included in your ticket price.

distributing programmes & lanyards on entry sans bag would lead to everyone just dropping them on the floor.

They not on the list anymore...Really gutted as was looking forward to my first free bag..Capture88.PNG.92425f979e462eebf8c64aeaf00af745.PNG

not had the yeo valley yogurts every time but they were good, but the loss  of the bags not a good thing :( they were good to use for carrying programme  to camp when every arm and leg was already taken and  could be just drapped over you !! now i forsee programmes dropped all over the floor on paths leading from the gates 

8 hours ago, p.pete said:

'Nice' is a bit of a stretch, I'll allow 'paper'

I seem to remember the Guardian doing good canvas bags, different colours each day that had a drawstring and were a bit like small rucksacks.

I love Russy! He's always my favourite poster on here. As a veggie fastly becoming vegan, it's great to hear people speaking up for them cows. Vive La Russ!

I shall mourn the loss of the tote bags like a good friend dearly departed.

Fair enough for Yeo Valley concentrating on their own event though, I heard they'd struggled to make a commercial success of it. Last year wasn't very busy IMO, not helped by poor weather to be fair.

9 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I seem to remember the Guardian doing good canvas bags, different colours each day that had a drawstring and were a bit like small rucksacks.

Yeah, those are the ones I had in my mind.  I guess I don't see too much of a post-festival life for fluorescent canvas backpacks, whereas the yeo-valley ones are quite reusable 

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Yeah, those are the ones I had in my mind.  I guess I don't see too much of a post-festival life for fluorescent canvas backpacks, whereas the yeo-valley ones are quite reusable 

And I've only ever had one of the totes split on me.  My '09 bag is still used to hold cardboard recycling.  '10 and '16 go shopping with me every week.

Maybe there'll be a replacement bag from someone else? I love those bags. :(

17 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I can bring some Yoghurt in my campervan if you guys want...don't think I can fit in enough for everyone mind...

Ive got plenty of yoghurt to go around......... 

haha had to go there! :devil:

Ah they need to get Skyr on board instead, its much better and high protein. 

I'll miss the bags :/ I use them for separating things in my rucksack - camera goes in one, cans in another etc, stops things knocking together so much.

I'll have to reuse some of the many from previous years I have stashed I suppose.

I visited the site over Easter. All the cows were in the cow shed, and they looked fucking miserable. 

Made me feel very sad, and I don't know why they're not out in the fields - I get they need to be shut in whilst everyone is on the land, but it seemed far too early for them to be indoors. Their faces peering out as we walked past, and the smell...

Really felt bad for them.

Sorry for off-topicness.

Edited by Skoo