EmilyMm

Hi!

I really want to stay in Worthy View but missed the sale and keep looking but never see any tents come up on the see tickets worthy view site! Any advise on when I can expect to see a resale, so do you think I should plan for elsewhere. 

If I can't get Worthy View does anyone have any Glamping recommendations? I'm fine with camping but my boyfriend is a bit of a clean freak and wants hot showers, a slightly nicer loo and some security.

Any advise would be muchos appreciated!!!

4 hours ago, EmilyMm said:

Hi!

I really want to stay in Worthy View but missed the sale and keep looking but never see any tents come up on the see tickets worthy view site! Any advise on when I can expect to see a resale, so do you think I should plan for elsewhere. 

If I can't get Worthy View does anyone have any Glamping recommendations? I'm fine with camping but my boyfriend is a bit of a clean freak and wants hot showers, a slightly nicer loo and some security.

You can get showers in the Greenpeace field, and truth be told I didn't really rate the toilets prefer the compost long drops myself. There are a few 'posh' ones by the shower block but the rest are regular flushers which get very popular at peak morning times.

Still worth checking the Worthy View page though as tents do become available quite randomly. I was able to swap tents last year when the ones we really wanted became available.

I'd advise not using Pop up hotel as I stayed there in 2015 and it was not worth the money. 

Site was dirty, loos were dirty and still had to queue for showers so may as well had been camping in the festival. 

really depends on how much you would spend as there are still many options available but they'll cost you...

33 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Tell him to man up

This basically.  The loos are absolutely fine (on the whole).  If he really wants a shower then Greenpeace is the place to go.  The festival is relatively secure anyway - just use the lock-ups and common sense.

I'm sure he's a lovely fellow, but being 'above it all' is kinda the opposite of the Glastonbury spirit really.

6 hours ago, whateverman said:

I'm sure he's a lovely fellow, but being 'above it all' is kinda the opposite of the Glastonbury spirit really.

I've been to Glastonbury at least 10 times, always camped in or near the Dragon field, never had a bad experience- but my other half is slightly older than moi, only ever been to V, and a little germaphobic (aren't I a lucky girl). The only way I could get him to agree to come was if we glamped- and I couldn't imagine being with anyone who I hadn't been to Glastonbury with, as it's such a special place. 

Thanks for for the heads up about the Pop up Hotel. If anyone else has more advise like that I'd appreciate it! 

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, EmilyMm said:

wants hot showers, a slightly nicer loo and some security.

Getting 24 hour minders will work out rather expensive but it  can be done ;)

22 hours ago, EmilyMm said:

I've been to Glastonbury at least 10 times, always camped in or near the Dragon field, never had a bad experience- but my other half is slightly older than moi, only ever been to V, and a little germaphobic (aren't I a lucky girl). The only way I could get him to agree to come was if we glamped- and I couldn't imagine being with anyone who I hadn't been to Glastonbury with, as it's such a special place. 

Thanks for for the heads up about the Pop up Hotel. If anyone else has more advise like that I'd appreciate it! 

Fair enough.  I apologise for the tone of my post.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at pop up motel in 2015 and thought it was great, admittedly it was paid for by someone else in out group! No queues for showers other than a few mins, this was about 9 o'clock. Food there wasn't great as not enough vans to cope with demand but we walked onto site. The walk is about 20 mins but it's flat.