Bargain Booze 2017

StoneCircle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, edwardjc14 said:

I was in my local one today and couldn't see any, none online either, maybe in certain stores?

possibly yeah, as sell them in my local

I'm sure Morrisons sell cans too

Personally I think this stuff is vile, but each to their own...hope you find them :)

25 minutes ago, edwardjc14 said:

Yesss just found them online at Morrisons, silly me! :rolleyes:

You get 4 x 500ml in Home Bargains for about the same price as 4 x 250ml at Morrisons. It's definitely worth popping your head in one if you're close by 

4 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Asda are doing a box of 12 x 330ml cans of Brewdog for £10, usually £1.80 each on their own so this is a great deal for the craft beer types. 

Aldi also have some good 330ml Vintage Cider for 99p a can which is 7.4% or something like that

Oh brilliant! Hope I can find those locally!! Kept being tempted on the Brewdog website to order a box...but by the time I got to the end it was like 90 quid worth of beer :P

56 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

Oh brilliant! Hope I can find those locally!! Kept being tempted on the Brewdog website to order a box...but by the time I got to the end it was like 90 quid worth of beer :P

Have you tried beerhawk? They have loads of different craft tins and do £10 off first orders :)

1 hour ago, charliehashope said:

I got a litre of Gordon's Gin in Waitrose for £15 over the weekend. Couldn't quite believe my eyes to be honest! 

I got a litre of Tanqueray for £21 in Tesco yesterday. Obviously, I had to inspect it last night. And inspect the tonic. And the lime 

10 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Has anyone spotted any decent spiced rum deals? Had a scan of this thread and couldn't see anything but sorry if I've missed anything!

That's what I'm after too. Had a scan through the big supermarket websites but can't really see anything too amazing (£12 for a 70cl bottle of Bacardi Spiced Rum at Tesco ain't too shabby though).

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

That's what I'm after too. Had a scan through the big supermarket websites but can't really see anything too amazing (£12 for a 70cl bottle of Bacardi Spiced Rum at Tesco ain't too shabby though).

That's not bad, there's a corner shop near me going Captain Morgan Spiced £12 for 70cl that might get my vote but there's usually £15/l offers gong down this time of month.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm hearing 1l captain spiced in store at tesco, will investigate during lunch hour

32 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm hearing 1l captain spiced in store at tesco, will investigate during lunch hour

Aye me hearties, £16 for the 1 litre Cpt Morgan Spiced Rum, normally about £20. The mutinous Morrisons are also doing the same deal for the grog.

Just back from my Tesco run. 

Offers of note (to me at least):

Rum - Cpt Morgan Spiced 1ltr £16, Havana Club and Mount Gay 70cl £15

Vodka - Absolute 1l £21 Sky 70cl £15

Whiskey - Jack Daniels Honey 70cl £18, Famous Grouse 1l £16

Smirnoff cider cans x15 - £10

Carling (lager or cider) x18 - £13ea or 2 for £20 (other glass bottle beers and Guiness also in offer)

Also just overheard a colleague saying Bombay Saphire is on offer in Co Op but don't know the details.

15 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You get 4 x 500ml in Home Bargains for about the same price as 4 x 250ml at Morrisons. It's definitely worth popping your head in one if you're close by 

Sadly don't have one near me!, but yeah its a better deal, cheers for the heads up

On 09/05/2017 at 8:28 AM, The Red Telephone said:

1. Has anyone ever seen plastic litre bottles of spirits for sale in the UK? My parents come back from Spain with plastic bottles of brandy and gin every summer...forgot to ask them to bring some back last year and they have rudely drank all theirs.

Not litre bottles but Sainsbury's basics vodka/whisky etc is in plastic bottles if you want to slum it out.

On another note, 1L Russian Standard vodka is £15 at Morrisons in store :)