Potentially emotional moments

swede

Emmylou - First Aid Kit. Even when I listen to this at home I get a lump in my throat.

Its bound to happen at some point during Billy Bragg's set

Me and Bobby McGee - Kris Kristofferson. My Gran who recently passed away would always play the Charley Pride version of this song so I think it is highly likely I'll get a little emotional during this song. Come to think of it there may be a few other songs in his set where I'll have a lump in my throat

57 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

That's terrible. Very sorry for you. I hope you manage to celebrate the memory of your friend. We should all raise a glass/have a dance to lost friends at Glastonbury. 

We do exactly that .  4 or 5 years ago we took a girlfriend with us and her husband, she had cancer and had always wanted to go. The girls sat on the tuesday night at the top of the hill in East and we drank sloe gin and pointed out everything across the sight. We gave her a present that said 'believe ' and we were all determined she was going to get better. She had a great time at Glastonbury, in her own way, she and her hubby meandered, laughed and we all met up in the park on night and had just the funniest night ever with her dancing like a loon feeling free. 

She passed away the same year in the August. A Kate chidley drawn map of the sight still hangs in her living room over her chair... And we all smile, laugh and remember when we go around theirs 

It's now become a tradition to sit on the hill on the tuesday and drink sloe gin and toast absent friends .... And it feels very special xxx

• Upvote 3

I cry every year at the festival. Been a very tough year for my family so with it being the last one for 2 years going to be hard as I live for the festival and that week of being able to be me. It's my escape from reality.

Song wise think it will be The Jacksons I'll be there. 

7 hours ago, edwardjc14 said:

An obvious choice but The Flaming Lips - Do you Realize?? 

Same here. Not only because I've spent the last 7 years regretting the decision to see Gorillaz in 2010, but also because since then our son was born, and this was the song playing when he arrived.

Yeah, I'll be in bits.

8 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I've been known to cry in the middle of Covent Garden because a busker was singing Wish You Were Here, so potentially there could be tears at any point from me..

I'll probably ball my way through London Grammars set, her voice is so hauntingly beautiful. 

I could just be walking along and the sheer joy of the festival & people around me could easily cause a lump in my throat. 

So there will be tears, happy, wonderful tears :)

London Grammer are a must see for me this year, can't wait to hear her voice live in person for the first time 

regards

phill

Slightly different emotions...

This will be Glastonbury number 9 for me. I've been lucky enough to go with different groups of friends over the years. 

The friends I was with in 2007-08 and a separate bunch in 2009-11 no longer attend due to family commitments, moving overseas etc. 

I've been hugely fortunate to be adopted by another group - but I generally find time Sunday lunchtime to head up to the Stone Circle and quietly toast all those that would love to, but can't, be there - and recall some of the antics from those years. 

Writing this I'm starting to think maybe I'm the reason they don't want to attend any more..... Hm. 

Also, potentially when / if The National go for: 

Hey, are you awake - Yeah I'm right here
Well can I ask you, About today

How close am I, to losing you

But that could lose some edge depending on the crowd at the Pyramid...

• Upvote 1

I'm emotional reading this thread! Sorry for those of you who have lost Glasto loving friends or family members.  It is wonderful that the festival is not just a massive party but also a time for memories and reflection.

For me, I usually get the most emotional at unexpected times, like last year, on Thursday - New York Brass Band, during Mr Blue Sky and Freed From Desire.  I was crying behind my sunglasses.

So this year, probably during Shaggy, It Wasn't Me.  Although I'm expecting Toots  and Will Varley will cause me to well up a bit.