Our candidate...

Waapster

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, Waapster said:

@Martin Ashford did you get elected?

YES!!! 515 people voted for me and we still have a majority on our Community Council. The big problem is we now have a Tory on our County Council and on the Community Council. This person fought a dirty campaign in which she jumped on local improvements fought for by hard working Labour Councillors and claimed credit for them in her own leaflets. I worked my socks off canvassing for 7 weeks after commuting home 40 minutes from work. I promise you I will never try to use my position to get into the Golden Circle of a Taylor Swift concert, meet her backstage away from her heavies or anything of the sort.

A few people have said to me "You do realise you're going to have to act responsibly" . This will probably be the hardest bit for me. Mrs A has already given me lectures about wearing Hawkwind T shirts down the Village - so I changed to my Can T shirt instead, I'm not sure if the people of Pontyclun realise what they have done. How does a new mini Glastonbury just  off Junction 34 of the M4 sound like to you guys?

Election Success.htm

Just now, Waapster said:

Terrific news. DO NOT GROW UP!! They elected you as you are. From the impression I get of you from on here, I think you will be a great representative.

(I can't believe i wrote all that without mentioning Taylor Swift's golden circle...)

10 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

The big problem is we now have a Tory on our County Council and on the Community Council. 

Still trying to get my head around the fact that my home constituency GOWER elected a Tory MP in 2015. Now this! How...? I just don't get it *shakes head.

Big congrats to you though :drinks: My sister's been busy rallying her students to the cause in Aberdare :-)

22 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Still trying to get my head around the fact that my home constituency GOWER elected a Tory MP in 2015. Now this! How...? I just don't get it *shakes head.

Big congrats to you though :drinks: My sister's been busy rallying her students to the cause in Aberdare :-)

isnt the gower one of the richest parts of the entire country??

I love it over there.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

isnt the gower one of the richest parts of the entire country??

I love it over there.

There's some posh places for sure Russy (Mumbles - well, in places, anyway!), but the general population is definitely not wealthy. Just drive through the villages of Gorseinon, Loughor, Penclawdd, Gowerton...! Gower was staunch Labour from the 1930's until it went Tory in the 2015 election, but with a margin of just 27 votes. We blame the recent influx of people from the south of England :D and a few of my relatives, who "fancied a change" :( However, the the local Labour party absolutely took a "safe" seat for granted.

Gower is an absolutely gorgeous part of the country though. Go visit if you can, it's still unspoiled and crowd-free. I recommend the Gower Ales micro-brewery, based in Old Walls, Llanrhidian. Sample their Gower Gold, it's nectar.