Worthy view 4 man bell tent size?

CeriG

Okay, so we have a 4 man bell tent at worthy view this year. Sharing as myself and the hubby, along with 2 other male friends.

My presumption was that we would all have a single mattress each, but the 2 guys want a double mattress each and both adamant that will not sleep on singles! Ha!

would 2x doubles with 2 singles OR 3x double mattresses fit? Or would it be too cramped along with all of our belongings. 

Trying to work it out and might have to chalk it all out at this rate to prove to them that it's too cramped (and for them to get a bloody grip & stop acting like Beyoncé) :-D

Edited by CeriG

Although they are large, there is a post in the middle of the old style ones that might hinder you putting 2 doubles together, but a double and a single would prob work.

If its the newer 'festival' ones then they don't have a poll so you could probably do it but would be a squeeze to get 4x doubles in and give you no room for anything else.

Yeah it's the old style bell tent with the pole. My opinion is that 4x singles (1 each) is better than trying to squeeze in 3x doubles just so that the guys can have a double to themselves each 

50 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Yeah it's the old style bell tent with the pole. My opinion is that 4x singles (1 each) is better than trying to squeeze in 3x doubles just so that the guys can have a double to themselves each 

you're right, with the centre poll and no separate porch area for boots n stuff, those doubles are going to take up too much room......

They are pretty big. We got five in ours last year comfortably two doubles will fit. We had a group of 9 last year but had to buy an additional two person scout to go with the two bells which was slightly annoying. That said the bell tents are ace, highy recommend them.

Thanks hot chilli dog... I'm happy with having 2x doubles or 1x double with 2x singles.... just don't want to feel cramped with 3x doubles there just because they want a double bed... I'm the only lass going but seems it's the boys that need to man up! Ha ha 

I stayed in the old style bell tent last year and have booked for this year too. You would be able to get 3 x double airbeds in even with the central pole, but if you want to be able to move around inside without falling over, I'd go for the 1 x double and 2 x singles combo :D