Nightlife areas

Ollie9917

Have ended the festival several times in a row now at the Lizard Lounge with Tankus the Henge and friends. Love that field - very fond of Toad Hall, Small World, Mandala et al and always some great returning 'festival sound' bands there every year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for an area not rammed, a good bar with music or bands, a nice fire and chilled vibe, where I can dance or just sit and chat shit to strangers, getting old I find most the night areas are a bit full on and stressful. Any suggestions? Anyone remember Slippery Dicks Love Shack off the old railway, that use to be ideal.

Edited by timmy tugboat

49 minutes ago, Alvarhanso said:

How cheap are we talking - im very intrigued, my second Glastonbury and like the OP need to make the most of the nightlife this year.

I was very battered when I was in there but I think I remember paying a tenner for 2 hurricanes. 

Strangely enough, I have been to 6 Glastos, this year will be my 7th and first since 2009 and I never really went to these areas :wacko:

We usually ended up either back at the tent sitting outside drinking or up at the stone circle! Just myself and my wife this year so will venture out to some of these areas!

9 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Strangely enough, I have been to 6 Glastos, this year will be my 7th and first since 2009 and I never really went to these areas :wacko:

We usually ended up either back at the tent sitting outside drinking or up at the stone circle! Just myself and my wife this year so will venture out to some of these areas!

I've never been to the stone circle I've heard it's just the go to place for drugs

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guilty Pleasures in William's Green on either Thursday or Friday night is always good for a laugh.

Club du Fromage last year on Thursday was such fun, i'll be there again... wish I'd gone to guilty pleasures too as walked passed it but went to theatre bar instead

I really like the Arcadia's Metamorphosis show - though it usually means missing a headliner, so I only get to it maybe once every two years - not strictly 'late night'.

Last year I noticed they added a slightly later Mechanical Orchestra show, did anyone get to this?  Does it feature the lightning / tesla dudes, acrobats and generally a similar but different show - or something completely different?

32 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

I've never been to the stone circle I've heard it's just the go to place for drugs

Nice place to sit, have a fire, make your own fun...  Was much improved last year (or year before?  poor memory) after they made an effort to dissuade nos-usage, much improved atmosphere.

36 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

Maybe if thats what you're looking for, I dont know. I wasn't after that, we just sat around chatting and drinking taking in the few and enjoying the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, timmy tugboat said:

I'm looking for an area not rammed, a good bar with music or bands, a nice fire and chilled vibe, where I can dance or just sit and chat shit to strangers, getting old I find most the night areas are a bit full on and stressful. Any suggestions? Anyone remember Slippery Dicks Love Shack off the old railway, that use to be ideal.

The tipi field is really good for a late night chill, couple of tipis, one a cafe (great chai) and one a venue with live folk, usually open way into the night.  Never that busy.  

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Have ended the festival several times in a row now at the Lizard Lounge with Tankus the Henge and friends. Love that field - very fond of Toad Hall, Small World, Mandala et al and always some great returning 'festival sound' bands there every year.

Yep, greenfields are still my favourite night time area- lots to see and hear and lots of places to sit down and relax if the weather is nice, and not crowded in the slightest. Plus a great location - you can easily potter off to the stone circle, the park, the tipi field or the hills overlooking the site, if you get the itch. 

I also liked the new wooded area near John peel stage last year for sitting around in and chatting- a nice view from that side of the festival too (or at least different as I'm usually the other side of the site at night).  

Edited by Mr.Tease

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I also liked the new wooded area near John peel stage last year for sitting around in and chatting- a nice view from that side of the festival too (or at least different as I'm usually the other side of the site at night).  

What's in the woods? I didn't go last year.

11 minutes ago, payneruk said:

What's in the woods? I didn't go last year.

I can't remember other than it was nice and I remember thinking I must return!  I think there were some light installations and fairy lights, pathways, benches and maybe a cafe or bar or something. It doesn't sound great but it just had a nice atmosphere 

Edited by Mr.Tease

6 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Has anyone got any recommendations for good late night spots to take kids? 9 years olds specifically. Would love to show them some of the late night goings on and let them get involved, but don't want to take them anywhere too hectic or debaucherous.

Strummerville?

That said I've usually been pretty out of it up there so my debaucherymeter may be well off.

7 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Has anyone got any recommendations for good late night spots to take kids? 9 years olds specifically. Would love to show them some of the late night goings on and let them get involved, but don't want to take them anywhere too hectic or debaucherous.

At 9 years old? Bed! :D

10 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

The SE corner starts to open up early evening so if there's nobody on you particularly wanted to see then heading over there during the headliners and subs might be an option. It will have have that night time feel, but as long as you get out in good time, it shouldn't be too busy.

The Green Fields is also a good idea, but it might be a bit too sedate for a 9 year old after midnight and they might just want to go to bed.

Thanks you guys

Sending them to bed would be the number 1 choice, but failing that I might take them to the Park for a little atmosphere and then try to find a quietish spot near Arcadia as that will blow thier tiny child minds. 

Thankfully I've only got the Saturday night to deal with :)