Staying awake

scho

Any tips? other than being on certain 'medications'...

I always go with the expectation that I'll be able to stay out late in the SE corner, but with all that walking and then a few drinks, I'm done by 10/11pm. 

You need to get onto a different sleep pattern , which will not be easy but can be done . 8.00 am becomes your bedtime and you get up around 5.00 pm .

If that is too harsh then head back to your tent early evening get some kip and set an alarm .

'Medication' free, Just pace yourself by starting drinking later in the day, say from 6pm til 4am instead of from 12pm. Then bed by 5am, up at 11 to get stages by 12. Catch up on that sleep when home. And A lovely pint of water with fizzing double beroca tablets upon waking is the perfect start to any day :-) 

There's

On 02/05/2017 at 8:27 AM, ivan said:

You need to get onto a different sleep pattern , which will not be easy but can be done . 8.00 am becomes your bedtime and you get up around 5.00 pm

Get up at 5pm and you've missed half the day! I'd recommend a 4-5am bedtime and 11am wake.

There's a tent in Healing Fields that seems to be perpetually full of sleeping people. In fact, there are a couple of mini stages there that it's quite lovely to snooze in front of during the day. I did that last time I was there to have somebody behind me exclaim "why come to Glastonbury and then just sleep?!". She clearly had no concept of nightlife.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

There's

Get up at 5pm and you've missed half the day! I'd recommend a 4-5am bedtime and 11am wake.

There's a tent in Healing Fields that seems to be perpetually full of sleeping people. In fact, there are a couple of mini stages there that it's quite lovely to snooze in front of during the day. I did that last time I was there to have somebody behind me exclaim "why come to Glastonbury and then just sleep?!". She clearly had no concept of nightlife.

It's not sleeping. It's listening with your eyes closed. 

Edited by JacquelineS

I arrive on Monday and get home the following Monday, at which point I sleep till Wednesday, pretty much. I'm not good at sleeping in tents anyway, and especially not when I have to be up at 5am, so I get by on caffeine. Lots of it. Interspersing booze with lashings of Diet Coke seems to keep me going all week.

I recommend the Proper Coffee stand at Williams Green, and I also recommend chasing the milk van, where you'll get (cold) cans of pop for £1.

Seeing that this year will be a scorcher...

If you have trouble sleeping in past 7/8 due to the heat (an issue I always used to have) space blankets on the outside of the tent are a godsend. I could usually pull off one night of 3/4 - 7/8 then crash for the rest of the festival particularly when I didn't particularly indulge in medication. I can make it to about 11 now which really helps support the all nighters. 

Added benefit of helping you have a relatively cool tent nap in the afternoon too, it's amazing how much 20-30 mins can help.

More left field choice... I've found myself falling asleep at whatever stage Pete Doherty or Babyshambles play. 

On 2017-5-3 at 9:48 PM, scho said:

A nap in a peaceful area sounds like a good idea :D be a bit worried about people nicking my stuff though..

Highly unlikely that anyone's going to nick anything, let alone in broad daylight. It's just not that kind of place.

18 hours ago, deardo said:

Yep, if it's dry you can grab a microwave kip pretty much anywhere. I do it most afternoons if required.

on the other hand, if it's wet you're knackered on that front. It's a kip in your tent or fight through. 

I've just found a description of this on urban dictionary - don't go for a dirt nap!

On 01/05/2017 at 11:27 PM, ivan said:

You need to get onto a different sleep pattern , which will not be easy but can be done . 8.00 am becomes your bedtime and you get up around 5.00 pm .

If that is too harsh then head back to your tent early evening get some kip and set an alarm .

Yeah, don't do this. 

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, ivan said:

Who needs 9 hours kip at a festival?

On 5/1/2017 at 9:29 PM, scho said:

Any tips? other than being on certain 'medications'...

I always go with the expectation that I'll be able to stay out late in the SE corner, but with all that walking and then a few drinks, I'm done by 10/11pm. 

By certain medications I assume that you mean illegal drugs. If this is the case and you don't want to use them then there are things like Pro Plus and Red Bull that you could use.

If, however, you want to keep it clean and healthy then I would advice you to read this article;

http://naturallysavvy.com/restore/top-5-herbs-for-fighting-fatigue

There's another article here too;

http://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-you/home-remedies/natural-home-remedies-fatigue/

Sorry - just spotted another article;

http://www.naturalnews.com/041690_chronic_fatigue_natural_remedies_treatments.html

Last year I drank energy drinks (one at night and on one occasion one in the evening as well) and that worked well as had my latest nights at the festival ever (despite inconveniently being older than my previous visits).

I drank the low carb monster ones. I don't drink tea or coffee so think caffeine hits me more than if I did.