Napalm Death - Truth Stage?!?

Deadendfriends8

1 hour ago, mf_2005 said:

An interview with the organiser Dan Tobbin regarding Napalm Death and Earache Records presence in general. Some interesting tidbits about how it all came about. One line in particular "one band is coming all the way from the US just to play this gig" is adding fuel to my Clutch dream.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-2017-new-heavy-metal-stage-will-be-made-of-an-old-tube-carriage/story-30316287-detail/story.html

Clutch are incredible live, really hope they are the act bring referred to there.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that the Dead Kennedys could be that band coming over to play Glastonbury bc of their heavy inclusion in the [OG version of] the playlist and no European dates. Now they've just announced O2 Academy Liverpool 23rd June so ink them in for a slot boyos.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was thinking that the Dead Kennedys could be that band coming over to play Glastonbury bc of their heavy inclusion in the [OG version of] the playlist and no European dates. Now they've just announced O2 Academy Liverpool 23rd June so ink them in for a slot boyos.

Good spot! And a great booking for this. Awesome that a band like them could have so much interest.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Good spot! And a great booking for this. Awesome that a band like them could have so much interest.

Yeah I did initially think "why the fuck would they care" but seems they do! Pretty cool. I see they've added Bristol on Sunday as well so guessing Glasto is the middle pin.

Thu: Ho99o9
Fri: Steve Ignorant (11pm)
Sat: Extreme Noise Terror, Wormrot (11pm), Dead Kennedys (maybe Thurs)
Sun: ?

Somewhere: Napalm Death second set?

Predicting [at least] off that playlist: Dinosaur Pile-up, HECK, Turbowolf, Dream Wife, Puppy

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though even without J-Biaffles there's no way they'll be in the tube car.

The strategy will probably be to put the big lads on when main stage headliners are on.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

What playlist are they on?

1 minute ago, 504329lt said:

What playlist are they on?

It's on this one here...

On 2017-5-4 at 8:03 PM, dentalplan said:

Hmmm

ZDLR and One Day as a Lion on that playlist. Think they're trynna tell us sumthink. :wub:

The first 35 or so they had initially seemed to indicate a few bands that were TBC already so it was interesting to see the rest. They added a load more major metal bands after that though so wouldn't read into anything below a point.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's on this one here...

The first 35 or so they had initially seemed to indicate a few bands that were TBC already so it was interesting to see the rest. They added a load more major metal bands after that though so wouldn't read into anything below a point.

Thanks.  Looks like DK should be there then.  Shame we cant have a few more on the list though.  SOAD would have been great, not in an old tube carriage though!

21 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

From that article....

“All the music Earache has done over the years has been confrontational, we will not be putting on cheesy metal acts, we are picking bands that fit with the Glastonbury message, bands with something to say.”

this is going to be wicked :)

So Abbath's coming then?

I can't think of anyone more concerned by the impacts of global warming than Abbath

8cfe4dc544753a59d558e5ec3d2ce628.jpg

youuuuu are at the heaaarrrrrttt of wintteeeeaaaaarrrrrr

22 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

So Abbath's coming then?

I can't think of anyone more concerned by the impacts of global warming than Abbath

8cfe4dc544753a59d558e5ec3d2ce628.jpg

youuuuu are at the heaaarrrrrttt of wintteeeeaaaaarrrrrr

Id be hoping for some immortal classics...

Bring on the angry pandas :P

Black metal.......is probably the one version of the genre Ive never been able to get into. 

Edited by waterfalls212434