The main stage looks alot light

I agree there's normally around 30 bands on the main stage over the weekend and according to KC website on the main stage there's only 13 listed so hopefully you're right or it could be wishful thinking due to the last couple of announcements being so bad 

It's looks to be around the same as usual to me. If you take out the thursday bands you could potentially have something like -

I know these aren't the right days they're jus for example -

Fri 

Stereophonics

Jake bugg

Reverend and the makers

Bossy love 

Then 3 or 4 filler bands

Sat

Manics

Brian Wilson

Feeder

Circa waves 

Shimmer band

2 or 3 filler bands 

Sun

Tinie Tempah

Editors 

Seasick Steve

Kate Nash

Lancashire hotpots

3 filler bands.

Considering the bands who played 4th and 5th down the cards last year were the likes of Milburn and  jj rosa I think there's a similar strength. Some of the other filler for main stage were too many ts, the Jacques, the chadelics and the sherlocks. 

More will be added to the main stage, the hotpots will no doubt be on there, sure the djon 5 are main stage. Others will be listed eventually

I said I knew they weren't the right days for the bands, I just shared the bands out to random days to show how strong the 3 days would be. I don't think it's any weaker than any other year, who's playing might not be to your tastes but there's some decent names booked

Do people actually build their weekend around who's playing the main stage? My days are usually more fluid & there's been plenty days at various festivals when I've not seen anyone on main. There's lots to do if you want to find it.

Cracking lineup!!! Best I've seen this year! On that note if anyone going kc on there tod or in a group looking to meet new people dicuss music and so forth feel free to join my Facebook page "camp loner kendal calling 2017"

13 hours ago, vangard said:

Cracking lineup!!! Best I've seen this year! On that note if anyone going kc on there tod or in a group looking to meet new people dicuss music and so forth feel free to join my Facebook page "camp loner kendal calling 2017"

We always have a meet up at the festival for a few beers at some point over the weekend, it'll be arranged closer to the time so feel free to come to that and meet people. I've always found kc a friendly place to be as well. 

12 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Will the main not look a bit light anyhow? 

2 headliners in 1 night who will no doubt get 90mins each so in theory that's headline acts from around 7pm 

Yeah there's 6 headline acts so there's gonna be a couple of nights with headliners from about 7. I would imagine you'll have 7 or 8 a day and the resident dj on before them to make the line up look fuller

On Monday, May 01, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Paulgott93@gmail.com said:

I thought it was a music festival

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Paulgott93@gmail.com said:

Not really feeling it pal.like i said in my opinoin its not as good as years gone by. 

I agree, you are only been honest. It's very poor.

I also agree that the line up is not as good as previous years, however, my 2 favourites from last year ended up being Noel Gallagher and the Lightning Seeds, neither of which were anywhere near the top of my "must see" list. There's still a lot to look forward to though. I've made a conscious effort to listen to a few acts I'd never heard before and now I'm looking forward the likes of Circa Waves, Tom Zanetti, Colonal Mustard and the Dijon 5, Frightened Rabbit, Loyle Carner. Maybe you should start listening to some of these paulgott93 and Cadski, you might be surprised. At the end of the day you can't fail to have a great time at KC !!!!

I haven’t been to Kendal before, (or even heard of it until the Stereophonics shared the poster when it was announced they were headlining).

But whats with all the hate!

I think it’s a really strong festival considering the music climate these days.

Everyone and there dog throws a music festival nowadays and they’ve become so commercial how are festival organisers supposed to book strong line-ups with so much competition?

Along with that, (in my opinion) there haven’t been any strong breakthrough acts come out of the woodwork for years, nothing to replace the golden oldies from headlining – so how are you supposed to get a varied, strong lineup?

We live near V Staffordshire and used to go there year after year for a strong indie festival, since 2011 its just got worse and worse and this year there isn’t one single ‘indy’ or ‘rock’ act on the bill. From a newbies point of view Kendal has got it right, its offering a steady supply of strong bands, and we can’t wait to come!

I don't dislike the line up, there's enough big names to keep me at the main stage a bit, there's nothing worse than spending your entire festival stood in front of the main stage. I like the fact there will be some gaps where I can go and catch random acts and take in a few new bands.  

Edited by ramragon

These are my neighbours band, well the lead guitar and songwriter is my neighbours son. He grew up next to me!

Bought the cd out of loyalty at first but am very happily surprised that it's proper good. Play it all the time. Especially if having people round, (they can't tell me to turn my music down if it's their son can they : )  

Really is a good album though and they did Boardmasters last year was hoping they would be at Kendal this year but maybe one for the future.

Have a listen and buy don't burn!!!

Edited by Cadski

• 1 month later...

Personally what I love about Kendal is the mystery surrounding the bands. I'll be honest, when they get announced i haven't heard of the majority of them, i check them out on spotify and get really excited about what i'm about to see. Then after the festival loads of them get pretty big and i just think 'i saw them in a tiny tent when it was pissing down in kendal'. They've got it spot on in my humble. it's like a bit of education instead of the same old dross leeds churn out year on year

Bang on Seano lad!! Rag n Bone Man being the prime example.There's still plenty of big names there ( although slightly less than previous years IMO) but I am most looking forward to seeing the likes of Circa Waves, Colonal Mustard and the Dijon 5, Fickle Friends, Tom Zanetti and the Pale White. None of which I had even heard of until I decided to check them out on Spotify/Youtube!!