Worthy View

Scott Modha

Hi guys and girls

I am a very excited Glastonbury first timer, and have booked worthy view with some friends.

4 people are taking the coach from Victoria, but myself and my wife are driving down from Kent.

What is parking like at worthy view, and what do you think is the best time to get there? We both have to work on Wednesday, so are thinking early dinner and bed, up at 3am and hit the road?

Is this necessary, or could I leave at 6am Thursday and still get there ok, and not have to park a million miles from my tent?

Thanks!

Scott 

The queues, if any at all, are much more likely to happen early-ish on the Wednesday - carrying on throughout the day only in ridiculous weather conditions like last year.  You should be fine on Thursday at any time (think that was even the case last year).  

If you've got a Worthy View parking pass, nowhere is all that far (but we're talking Glastonbury distances here) from where you'll want to go but, if it's the same as last year, the later you arrive the further you will be from where you swap your ticket for your wristband.  That said, the difference between arriving at 6 am or 9 am on Thursday is likely to be minimal.  Have a look to see when wrist banding opens - I can't remember.

Personally, I would drive down straight after work on the Wednesday but I'm fairly familiar with the festival site - it might be a little daunting to be a first timer arriving in the near dark.  If you did, you should be able to get on site, dump your stuff in your tent and get down to the stone circle to see the fireworks etc (a very short downhill stroll from Worthy View) if you did that.  Somebody else might be able to tell you if Strummerville opens on Wednesday - my feeling is that it doesn't.  If it were to, you could have a cracking first night without wandering too far.  Otherwise you could just bring in some of your own substance of choice (no glass) watch the burning of the pheonix/fireworks etc and have a drink or two looking over the site.  It would be a great introduction to the festival without fear of getting lost.  If you are feeling more adventurous, then keep wandering.    

Hope you have a fantastic festival.  Would love it if you came back here afterwards to let us all know what you thought - I love hearing first-timers' stories. 

On 28/04/2017 at 6:05 PM, mandolin said:

The queues, if any at all, are much more likely to happen early-ish on the Wednesday - carrying on throughout the day only in ridiculous weather conditions like last year.  You should be fine on Thursday at any time (think that was even the case last year).  

If you've got a Worthy View parking pass, nowhere is all that far (but we're talking Glastonbury distances here) from where you'll want to go but, if it's the same as last year, the later you arrive the further you will be from where you swap your ticket for your wristband.  That said, the difference between arriving at 6 am or 9 am on Thursday is likely to be minimal.  Have a look to see when wrist banding opens - I can't remember.

Personally, I would drive down straight after work on the Wednesday but I'm fairly familiar with the festival site - it might be a little daunting to be a first timer arriving in the near dark.  If you did, you should be able to get on site, dump your stuff in your tent and get down to the stone circle to see the fireworks etc (a very short downhill stroll from Worthy View) if you did that.  Somebody else might be able to tell you if Strummerville opens on Wednesday - my feeling is that it doesn't.  If it were to, you could have a cracking first night without wandering too far.  Otherwise you could just bring in some of your own substance of choice (no glass) watch the burning of the pheonix/fireworks etc and have a drink or two looking over the site.  It would be a great introduction to the festival without fear of getting lost.  If you are feeling more adventurous, then keep wandering.    

Hope you have a fantastic festival.  Would love it if you came back here afterwards to let us all know what you thought - I love hearing first-timers' stories. 

Last year was the first we had to queue to be wristbanded (on the Wednesday) but not to park. It is first come first served but because they fill the queues from one side to the other it's a lottery. Whatever, it's not far. Strummerville was "open" Wednesday night (but no music until Thursday.)

16 hours ago, richycampos said:

Is there still a chance that a 2 person tent will be available during these days?

Just keep an eye on the ticket page, WV tents come up all the time. Was able to swap our scout tents for two four person bell tents last year. Would not be surprised if a 2 person scout became available.