The War on Drugs

kingcrawler

4 hours ago, Tremousse said:

I agree with all the positive comments about The War On Drugs above; I want to say that I've met The War On Drugs fanbase from Israel and Colombia at Rock Werchter 2015 , and they were probably the most fantastic people I've met at any festival. The colours in TWOD music are totally palpable in their way to be.

What were their views on the occupation of Palestine?

24 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Maybe a little misleading (apologies): Love Comes Tumbling from the 4 track Wide Awake In America CD 'single' / EP. 

Cheers, quite a good track. Never given U2 the time of day really, but similar to dentalplan above, my favourite musician is big on them so I should probably give their critically acclaimed stuff a go.

20 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Cheers, quite a good track. Never given U2 the time of day really, but similar to dentalplan above, my favourite musician is big on them so I should probably give their critically acclaimed stuff a go.

They were a band my mates were into when I was a kid, so I kinda followed suit. I think in isolation the 3 track run of In Gods Country > Trip Through Your Wires > (and especially) One Tree Hill (apart from the shit reprise bit) is pretty fuckin' great and not what U2 are typically known for. If any of that makes sense. 

Let me know what you think, dude. 

On 4/29/2017 at 8:23 AM, Wilfko said:

LAnyone got a handful of tracks from their discography for me to dip my toe in further before I get time to listen to the album?

On 4/29/2017 at 10:48 AM, Tremousse said:

The colours in TWOD music are totally palpable in their way to be.

and the colours intertwined into the video of their best track (and Pyramid '14 set closer)...

On 29/04/2017 at 10:08 PM, Woffy said:

They were a band my mates were into when I was a kid, so I kinda followed suit. I think in isolation the 3 track run of In Gods Country > Trip Through Your Wires > (and especially) One Tree Hill (apart from the shit reprise bit) is pretty fuckin' great and not what U2 are typically known for. If any of that makes sense. 

Let me know what you think, dude. 

Just got round to listening, not for me if I'm honest. Cheers anyway for the recommendation though.

On 29.4.2017 at 2:52 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still just me that thinks the Pyramid set was pretty good, but nothing to ring the firebell about.

That's how I remember it. I was looking forward to them, but the crowd was dead and the band didn't seem to be that into it. But everything would have been disappointing after the awesome craziness of Turtle Island, who opened the Pyramid stage that day :)

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Not that I'm actually trying to get one, but they're all asking me for a code when I click on them.

Ah really? Never asked me for any at all but for anyone else the code the bands email sent out was WAR and the seetickets one seems to be GENERAL so hopefully that works 

I think the code is GENERAL or WAR if that doesnt work.

After saying I wouldnt I caved and bought a ticket, even though they were an eye watering £33 and at the most hated venue in london. I just figured I'd be grateful of a gig come the miserable month of november.

Just found a Spotify email about this in my junk folder. Their code is DRUGS and is valid until the 5th.

The Bristol gig on the last tour was excellent, despite the venue seemingly massively over capacity. I don't think I can quite bring myself to trek to London to see them on a school night though.

TWOD are cool man. First time I walked into The Beat Hotel (Thursday afternoon, 2014) the DJ was playing Under The Pressure and to me, it felt like it was going off.

First Glasto moment that.

• 5 weeks later...

another new track called Holding On is on spotify. Can't work out how to link it on here.

edit: new album announced. It's called A Deeper Understanding. Tracklist and album artwork here http://pitchfork.com/news/73051-the-war-on-drugs-announce-new-album-a-deeper-understanding-share-new-song-listen/

Edited by rhg_99

23 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

another new track called Holding On is on spotify. Can't work out how to link it on here.

edit: new album announced. It's called A Deeper Understanding. Tracklist and album artwork here http://pitchfork.com/news/73051-the-war-on-drugs-announce-new-album-a-deeper-understanding-share-new-song-listen/

It seems like the perfect middle between the old War On Drugs and Lost In The Dream... Much love

• 1 month later...