The War on Drugs

kingcrawler

14 minutes ago, mynameisjonny said:

You can walk upstairs? Ffs it was my first sober gig in ages cos of the queues. Had never been to the O2 before. 

10 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

Where from? Leaving the standing area left or right and heading up past seated punters?

Never knew there was a bar upstairs!!

Yep, you can go up those stairs all around the lower tier whenever you like. Plenty of bars and toilets upstairs. The wristbands you get on the way in are so that you can be let back onto the floor. One for next time!

55 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Couldn't believe those queues. Just walk upstairs (if you're anywhere near the front, it's closer anyway) and get served in a fraction of the time. Do people think they're not allowed up there? 

32 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Yep, you can go up those stairs all around the lower tier whenever you like. Plenty of bars and toilets upstairs. The wristbands you get on the way in are so that you can be let back onto the floor. One for next time!

Will bank this knowledge for Tool next month. 

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Had been to the O2 countless times previous, only got told by staff on the last occasion that this was possible. Gamechanger. 

I saw them in Edinburgh last night and they were fantastic, best I’ve seen them play. The band sounded great and the setlist was really good too, plenty from Lost in the Dream although I was a bit disappointed they never played anything from Slave Ambient, especially as Come to the City seems to have been a regular on this tour. I’m normally not a fan of covers but them covering The Waterboys was fantastic and worked really well. I had forgotten how bad the Corn Exchange is but they were so good it didn’t matter too much. 

I’m not really expecting them but with the form they’re in just now and their Bristol date, fingers crossed they make it onto the full lineup.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw them in Edinburgh last night and they were fantastic, best I’ve seen them play. The band sounded great and the setlist was really good too, plenty from Lost in the Dream although I was a bit disappointed they never played anything from Slave Ambient, especially as Come to the City seems to have been a regular on this tour. I’m normally not a fan of covers but them covering The Waterboys was fantastic and worked really well. I had forgotten how bad the Corn Exchange is but they were so good it didn’t matter too much. 

I’m not really expecting them but with the form they’re in just now and their Bristol date, fingers crossed they make it onto the full lineup.

great to hear! think they are sounding better than they ever have live, somehow!

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Was there as well.

I think the sound system in the Corn Exchange (or O2 now) is miles better than it used to be. I was quite far back and it was loud.

I still think some of their tracks are made for open-air festivals!

Was also up in the mix for Shuggie Druggie and the lads last night and likewise agree that I didn't even hate the Corn Exchange as a venue for it.  Main takeaway from me is the 4 or 5 bangers from Lost In The Dream are still their strongest songs and so it peaked a little early.  Still good though.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

What's the consensus now they are playing BST at Hyde Park on the Saturday? Could they be at Glastonbury on the Sunday and then Bristol on the Monday? Or am I clutching at straws?

It seems very doubtful unfortunately 😔

5 hours ago, 1986 said:

They’re latest tour was all academy venues right? Meaning they don’t necessarily have to be in that high profile of a slot. I think they could still be a nice surprise entry on line up day. 

Nah they did a couple of arenas in there. I’d be over the moon if they were added but I don’t see where they’d fit in or why they wouldn’t have been on the first lineup poster - they’d be top 3 Pyramid or Other and I think we’ve more or less got a full house when it comes to those slots. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah they did a couple of arenas in there. I’d be over the moon if they were added but I don’t see where they’d fit in or why they wouldn’t have been on the first lineup poster - they’d be top 3 Pyramid or Other and I think we’ve more or less got a full house when it comes to those slots. 

They're playing Bristol Amphitheatre on the Monday after Glasto. Was hoping they would do a last minute Glasto announcement (so as not to affect Bristol tickets sales).