Map!!!

midlifecrisis

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Seems unnecessary to me.  Then again I thought that about the Pyramid and I was wrong.

Change in H&S rules?  Wasn't there issues with mud last year?  could that have lead to the change in case we have a mud bath again

Probably doesn't need it, but maybe they felt it was necessary if they were implementing three sound points and people being able to move between them - whereas with the previous wider sound point(s) you couldn't really approach the stage directly without going either side of it.

Might make for a pretty nice viewing spot, just in front of the barrier?

50 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Yeah looks like there was two but were very close compared to what the 2017 map shows

2016.PNG

2017.PNG

The top one is different to the other 2 so top might be disabled viewing platform and other 2 mixing positions. 

40 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Change in H&S rules?  Wasn't there issues with mud last year?  could that have lead to the change in case we have a mud bath again

There was a middle barrier at other last year, and I'm pretty sure it was there in 15

56 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Yeah looks like there was two but were very close compared to what the 2017 map shows

2016.PNG

2017.PNG

Yes the bottom half of the structure in the 2016 map is the diabled viewing platform, which has been separated off for 2017 it seems, and a second sound mixing station added this year, maybe to make changeovers faster as with the Pyramid

4 minutes ago, fur_q said:

The top one is different to the other 2 so top might be disabled viewing platform and other 2 mixing positions. 

There was a middle barrier at other last year, and I'm pretty sure it was there in 15

Yeah I think I remember there being a crush barrier towards the front at Other last year too

I think the extra barrier is worth a go at least. I think the general consensus is that it's now an asset to the Pyramid field and just because they put it in once doesn't mean they can't take it away post fallow year.

From what I gather the festival are not scared of trying something then changing it back/going for plan C if it isn't great. 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Despite what last years map said, there were two towers in 2016.  I thought one of them was a video tower.

I'm sure you're right SB2H, my memory of Other is all absorbed by thoughts of the lovely Christine and the Queens, I hardly looked away from the stage at all...

Just saw this on the 'Really big secret' thread.   Gueesing there's still plenty of changes to come

A Bristol-based soundsystem and rave event organiser has announced it will be hosting a new area at Glastonbury Festivalthis year.

Cloud9 Productions took to Facebook to announce to its fans that it will be "turning what was previously the Saxon market, into an entirely new area with fully interactive and immersive decor, two new venues will become the central point of the area hosting bands and DJ's."

The group behind Cloud9 soundsystem describes itself as "bringing back the true rave, to the true ravers" on its Facebook page.

Hang on - realise that people were talking about something yesterday. It's just got Glastonbury 2017 on top of it, so assumed its new (call me simple, I thought that was enough to make it new)

Just found out that Dutch Uncles are playing the crows nest on thurs eve. Realised I've never been there before so went to look on the map from last year, to find one with this year's date.

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

still seems to be 'v1', they usually progress to the next number to give us a clue...

Ah ok - as long as they put the crows nest on it. I'll be hopeless at finding it come thurs eve. I'm assuming it's near the rabbit hole.

Edited by Jugtanion