Map!!!

midlifecrisis

Mrs Mobile thinks I am an absolute fruit cake for checking the same map every week and now this new one has come out she thinks I'm hilarious. There's so many things to think about! Where are we going to camp? How far is it away from the likely tents or stages we're going to frequent? Has anything changed?! How long will it take to get from stage to stage for the clashing bands?! Hahaha, I love it

52 minutes ago, Mickball said:

A larger portion of Dairy is the darker shade of green this year, which would indicate public camping.

I know that but kalifire wrote ' Dairy Ground now shared between staff/guest camping '
 which is not the same thing as public camping.

there is no indication it will be shared with guest camping

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

I assumed the new area was the carmageddon thing - is there another new area?  It's sort of between SilverHayes & Park, without actually being near to either of them...

Yeh the market that runs between Silver Hayes and Other stage is apparently being replaced by another music area ran but the Cloud 9 crew from Bristol.

1 hour ago, DJ Cull said:

I was expecting Cineramaggedon to be much closer to Arcadia rather than plonked in the middle of the camping fields. Not sure many people will trek all the way up there to watch a film about Glastonbury while actual Glastonbury is happening around them.

They might be trying to stop it becoming a selfie photo 'tourist attraction' whereby those people use the cars for 5 minutes and stop the people who actually want to spend time there watching a film from doing so. My concern was that you'd never be able to find a car to sit in at the start of a film as they'd be loads of people doing selfies sat in a car.

I love the location. If you want to go there, you've got to make an effort. That's the way it should be.

26 minutes ago, billum said:

I presumed that meant non-staff camping, ie. the rest of us gratefully-ticket-buying punters! :)

Yeah, sorry. I meant staff/public. But I can see that Dairy has always been a combination. The 2017 map just makes it more obvious by comparison.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Yeah, sorry. I meant staff/public. But I can see that Dairy has always been a combination. The 2017 map just makes it more obvious by comparison.

Yeah in the 2016 map, it's not clear where is Dairy and where is Back House.  In fact, from looking at both maps, I still can't tell which is Paines and which is Dairy.

2 hours ago, alien said:

If you could make that available on here that would be appreciated. Food tour of glastonbury is on the to-do list this year.

Most certainly. It wont be extensive to everything on site, more just what me and my missus have liked the sound of and dont want to forget. That is still a fair bit however! Im also making a booze map for me and my group which will detail where pints other than Tuborg can be found i.e. Guiness, Belgian brews, ales, cocktails etc.

• Upvote 4

I'm also pleased with the location of Cinemarawhatever... there seemed to be a lot of concern that it would be too crowded, but with its remoteness I think that solves that issue a bit. Plus I love the fact that someone is bound to be wandering aimlessly through the campsites and just stumble upon it out of nowhere, a tale they will tell for the rest of their days

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I know that but kalifire wrote ' Dairy Ground now shared between staff/guest camping '
 which is not the same thing as public camping.

there is no indication it will be shared with guest camping

I think he did mean public camping, as it did used to be a small section of the other side of the path before

It also seems like cineramageddon will have some kind of stage / bandstand thing going on alongside the cinema aspect. One of our group is awaiting confirmation of "playing in the new area." Could give people a bit more of a reason to head up there if watching films at the fest isn't your thing.

(I assume this is the new area, as opposed to some not yet announced new area btw)

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

well spotted - I thought you may have had inside information.

I suspect the WBC crew site has been moved 

we normally camp where the blue dot is but I suspect they are planning to use the area marked with a red dot.

why would I think that ?

well if they moved to that 'new area' its well away from the public - that bigger area { marked 35 is crew parking } so its already fenced off 

trucks can come and go when they want and it will not affect the public

where we were at  blue dot - they had to stop the public walking from Gate D to  Bushy ground while trucks arrived/left

by moving it to red dot - they will not have to use that track so much.

Its not the first time we have ended up the other side of the wall - Our Crew site { well our sixth crew site } for a few years up to 2008 was near Gate A - and that area is now called Darble - right next to the guest/crew parking but more crucial it had very easy access/exit from the main road - we then ended up in Bushy Ground in 2009 but that was not a great site for easy access/exit and then they moved again in 2010 and why the crew site was next to VG4 .

I should find out by next week but will be in Hospital for 7+ days { assuming the operation is not cancelled } and I will not be posting until I come out.

I am still a bit sad as that big tree used to give great shade in the afternoon but looking at the bigger picture it makes perfect sense to me

By the way the first crew site on the right from blue dot is a Security Company and they are a right noisy bunch so you have been warned .

2017-2.jpg.4f3ffc7238f47751d315c444475ad1b5.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Familiar2billions said:

Most certainly. It wont be extensive to everything on site, more just what me and my missus have liked the sound of and dont want to forget. That is still a fair bit however! Im also making a booze map for me and my group which will detail where pints other than Tuborg can be found i.e. Guiness, Belgian brews, ales, cocktails etc.

Definitely a copy of the boozy map too then! I've paid the bars less attention than they're worth, never a thing I've really done at festivals, always just got smashed off my own but always crave a pint of proper ale or stout or an interesting cocktail.

5 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

It also seems like cineramageddon will have some kind of stage / bandstand thing going on alongside the cinema aspect. One of our group is awaiting confirmation of "playing in the new area." Could give people a bit more of a reason to head up there if watching films at the fest isn't your thing.

(I assume this is the new area, as opposed to some not yet announced new area btw)

I assumed the 'tent' in the cineramageddon area would be a stall for hot dogs, popcorn and pick n mix that's 5 times more expensive than in Wilko's.

Don't like the look of those changes to the East Campervan fields, some very long possible walks now look even longer.

Visiting the new movie area will be something that a lot of us on here will do but having been in the West campervan area last year it's quite a slog to head out that way so think the area will be quite quiet a lot of the time, plus only 100 cars so approx' 600 seats maybe? It's a long walk for no guarantee of a seat to watch a movie in. Only ever visited the old outdoor movie place once in 2007 so no idea how busy that generally was.

i hope they do have a bar and or some food places there as well as its a bit isolated amongst fields of tents.

I hope the new area works but expect some change for the next festival, GFL are usually good at reviewing things and taking a step forward each time.