Gooner4900

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend of mine in 2014 got a great gig. He was posted as the security outside the entrance to the celebrity/backstage bar on the Saturday night after Metallica. He left for his shift on no sleep and quite a few naughty substances. We next saw him Sunday morning, still no sleep. Told us how he'd asked Noel Gallagher and Bradley Cooper to show their passes numerous times as they were in and out and he was worse for wear. Also struck up a long conversation with Norman Cook who snuck him out a beer later in the evening. 

As for me bumping into ME on the Sunday in 2011 and watching War on drugs next to Zoe Ball is all I've got.

Edited by T-Mouse

25 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

I've met Diplo, Norman Jay, Pete from Big Brother, Florence Welch and Maverick Sabre. I generally annoy them all for photos, so far no one has told me to piss off.

I bet they haven't, prob chuffed some actually recognised them :-)

Apparently I spoke to Lily Allen on one of the phone boxes in Silver Hayes. whoever is was was on the phone that is backstage at the pussy parlour and sounded credible. It was a couple of years ago when she had a mid afternoon pyramid slot. I asked her if she was nervous if no one would turn up, then promised to be there myself just to boost the numbers. Alas rain pinned me somewhere dry and prevented me from honoring said promise.

I doubt she noticed.

Last year was about Mr E - saw him twice round the site on the Thursday. then later that eve saw him again when he was on stage at croissant neuf doing karaoke - so not technically a walkabout sighting but was still random

seen Kate Moss many years ago emerging from the backstage area between pyramid and other

I've met one or two pretty cool ones over the years but the one I'm certain I saw and wish I'd said hello to was Michael Stipe in 2000.

It was near to the cider bus in the afternoon and I saw a guy that I was certain was Michael Stipe (no, he didn't have the blue face paint on before you ask). The thing that made me think it wasn't him was that he didn't have a shirt / t-shirt on. He was topless. I was certain it was him but thought he wouldn't be walking around topless so it couldn't be.

A year or more later I read an interview with him where he said he liked walking around at festivals and sometimes did it topless as it worked for him as a disguise.

Had a piss next to the keyboard player from Tame Impala last year. Look up, recognized him, complimented him on his set he said thanks and walked out. Also saw Lars that year; stories about him being a dick seem unfounded from that quick chat (someone I know that does stuff backstage said he was the only big name musician to come out and say hi/thank the people working there for their work too...) Had a limited conversation with the singer from Songhoy Blues in 2015, just asking him about the situation in Mali and how I really liked their cover of Kashmir. Nice guy, wish him and his band the best. Walked past BBC presenters more times than I can count.

I saw Thom Yorke fall in the mud during Common People when Pulp played the Park in 2011. I pointed and said 'it's Thom Yorke!', and then people around me looked and also said 'it's Thom Yorke!' The rest of Radiohead helped him up and they waved happily then walked off in the direction of the the tipi field.

I'm utterly useless at spotting famous people, I kept getting in some scruffy blokes way in B &Q the other week, we seemed to be looking for the same thing, struck up a bit of an Awkward no after you, no after you, no I insist, British politeness dance before I noticed a strange look on my wife's face, and I wandered off to find out what her problem was, turned out the scruffy bloke was Sean Bean.

Stood next to Editors during The Rolling Stones in 2013. Don't think they enjoyed it, seemed a bit miserable.

Also, stood next to Jarvis Cocker and friends during Richard Hawley last year and proceeded to get pulled into their group, linking arms and singing along when RH played Open Up Your Door. 'Twas a nice moment.