SILVER HAYES

Slugworth

36 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Alright so this JAIN song (which I like) sounds really similar to something I've heard before (I THINK Eurovision), but I can't quite put my finger on it... any help? 

Yeah its The Vaccines - Chevy Thunder

Had put off listening to that lass cos of the Christine and the Queens comparisons. Surprisingly excellent.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

I'm also on the Jain hype train but really hope she's on elsewhere tbh because I can never be arsed to go to Silver Hayes

Have just listened to Jain.... oh my, that's a belter of an album! Definitely hope she does a second set  elsewhere or is in pussy parlure at worst.

14 hours ago, whisty said:

Nobody mentions Kraak & Smaak.

Another vote for Kraak & Smaak here, superb productions and remixes.

I tend to spend a fair amount of time at Blues, good music, but agree Silver Hayes has a sort of weird desolate feel to it.  Dance/Electronic music is what I'm in to and the lineups have always been good, but there's just something a bit distant about that area of the festival.  Hoping the weather is better this year so the new cut through can be fully operational and reduce the crush at Other end, and they really could do with adding something to the whole area to give it some atmosphere - I think someone mentioned something similar to that in the SE corner - I agree, not on the same scale maybe but something to break up that walk down the middle.

19 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

I might take the chance to see Fatboy Slim again - haven't seen him since he was in a boxing ring vs Arman van Helden back in Brixton.

I was at that gig.

Haven't seen anyone mention them yet but I can thoroughly recommend Laid Blak for anyone that likes a reggae-tinged Bristol groove.

1 hour ago, DJ Cull said:

*waits for someone to make a Silver Hayes playlist on Spotify* hint hint

I'm slowly adding Silver Hayes acts to the big Glastonbury 2017 playlist, as I get time. But I'm only including live acts this year, no DJs (well, OK, a few).

It'd be good for someone to do a Silver Hayes playlist, or indeed a bigger one for DJs across the stages.

Unfortunately Spotify is not the place for creating playlists of DJs - by nature, you want mixes. For those curious,( @DJ Cull! ), come by the Electronica/Dance thread. We're a nice bunch and there's enough people who will share your musical interests to give you some recommendations. 

Stellar work as ever BSR.

14 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Has anyone mentioned Sister Bliss yet aka half of Faithless being confirmed? I hoped she would turn up. I'm guessing she'll do some Faithless tracks

She has indeed been mentioned, I am looking forwars to seeing her, if anyone has any clues to days and times i would be very grateful.

Ta

48 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Unfortunately Spotify is not the place for creating playlists of DJs - by nature, you want mixes. For those curious,( @DJ Cull! ), come by the Electronica/Dance thread. We're a nice bunch and there's enough people who will share your musical interests to give you some recommendations. 

Stellar work as ever BSR.

I'll do that, thanks @Tuna. Last year the only thing I saw in Silver Hayes was Blackalicious, who were one of my favourite things of the festival. Can't see an equivalent on the lineup this year

3 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

I've been listening to Wilkinson this morning in the spirit of exploring the Silver Hayes lineup - sounds like it properly 'go off', if I'm in the area when he's on I'll deffo stop by

Yep, Wilkinson will be amazing. For whatever reason I ended up catching very little DnB last year. Looking to rectify that this time rate, starting with this guy :wub:

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Had put off listening to that lass cos of the Christine and the Queens comparisons. Surprisingly excellent.

Do you mean Chevy Thunder by Spector?

If so, I do not here that in the slightest - unless this is a joke that has gone straight over my head.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

#JainMeet

In

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heh.....she really sounds like Adele at points.

A friends description was a french Lily Allen. I stopped talking to him at that point.

Bit late to the game as I'm not in the UK...

Addison Groove, Barely Legal, DJ Fu, Donae'o, Ben UFO - Pangea - Pearson Sound, Hospital Reacords takeover, Lobster Boy takeover, Mura Masa, Mylo, Noisia, Roska, Shy FX, Shaggy, Wilkinson

Far too much obviously to see but Shaggy, Noisia, Wilkinson & some of Hospitality I will see.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I knew you were taking the piss but still went & listened to that anyway. 

I think I was thinking of this & just being a late night weirdo basically