Worthy view sale

Lucy92

So after being unsuccessful in worthy view today do we think they will go back on randomly or will there be a main secret resale? Also, for the two person options do any include what feels like a bed (so raised and not on the floor) I've never stayed in one before so wasn't sure what they are like. Got such awful back pain last year want to treat myself and the boy to a little luxury but not sure what you get! 

Hi Lucy, we stayed in a two man podpad two years ago and it definitely felt more like a bed. It is essentially a wooden shelf (you have to bring your own air bed to put on top) but being level and raised does help a lot. Unfortunately, I would be surprised if any come back on sale as there were so few (although they might have increased capacity this year). From memory I would say there were max 30 of them, compared with hundreds of scout tents. Worth keeping an eye on it though. 

Just now, jo1980 said:

Hi Lucy, we stayed in a two man podpad two years ago and it definitely felt more like a bed. It is essentially a wooden shelf (you have to bring your own air bed to put on top) but being level and raised does help a lot. Unfortunately, I would be surprised if any come back on sale as there were so few (although they might have increased capacity this year). From memory I would say there were max 30 of them, compared with hundreds of scout tents. Worth keeping an eye on it though. 

I'll be keeping an eye out, thank you :) 

14 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

If last year anything to go by think 2 and 4 or 6 berth tents only ones that came on resale . They seemed to appear a lot more than this year .must be more popular.  Good luck.

Thanks. Not the end of the world if we don't get them but my back would definitely love me for something a bit more comfy! I was trying for other people main sale this morning and completely forgot these would come on! 

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Are there any other camping options other than worthy view? Wouldn't mind some luxury myself this year.

Not sure but if you hear of any let me know :) last year was a real struggle for me and that was with a hospitality pass so anything to make it a little easier this year would be great (I have lupus so tiredness/joint pain) the idea of a bed sounds great to me haha! 

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

Are there any other camping options other than worthy view? Wouldn't mind some luxury myself this year.

Have a look at Tangerine Fields. They're the other side of the site, but similar pricing. reviews are good. they may operate a waitlist, worth asking xx

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Not sure but if you hear of any let me know :) last year was a real struggle for me and that was with a hospitality pass so anything to make it a little easier this year would be great (I have lupus so tiredness/joint pain) the idea of a bed sounds great to me haha! 

I use one of these with a self inflating matress best nights sleep you will get when away from home

big_b9d107f2df7f4743acee526fca40a26c.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

My blow up double bed is comfy as fuck. Cost me £14 and has lasted 3 festivals 

Mines good, but is quite heavy so carrying it is difficult. I do take a trolley but we are coaching it this year so will struggle to take too much with us 

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Mines good, but is quite heavy so carrying it is difficult. I do take a trolley but we are coaching it this year so will struggle to take too much with us 

That's what puts me off even trying for coach tickets... can only take what you can carry.

So happy we got worthy view not much of a walk from cars 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

That's what puts me off even trying for coach tickets... can only take what you can carry.

So happy we got worthy view not much of a walk from cars 

Safer than driving for us though :) don't have to worry about being tired the last day which is a big bonus! 

18 hours ago, Dave_c said:

17 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Have a look at Tangerine Fields. They're the other side of the site, but similar pricing. reviews are good. they may operate a waitlist, worth asking xx

Tanagerine Fields is sold out. Worth keeping an eye on the website though, returned tents go back on sale the same as Worthy View. 

20 hours ago, jo1980 said:

I have booked for the first time a pod and I thought on the website it says it comes with air mattresses. On the website it says "Weatherproof, with a solid carpeted floor and raised beds with inflated air mattresses, creating useful storage space underneath."

Has anything changed from 2 years ago? Did any one stay in one last year?

15 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Drive on the Monday (I see that as the last day haha!!)

haha yeah me too! Although staying in worthy view means we can get some sleep before getting kicked out and dont have to put any tents away :)

Thank fook for worthy view haha

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

haha yeah me too! Although staying in worthy view means we can get some sleep before getting kicked out and dont have to put any tents away :)

Thank fook for worthy view haha

with you both on this.  I stayed there last year and returning this year.  It's much quieter than the main festival and found myself feeling much less shattered by the weekend.  I usually book the Tuesday off work to recover, but last year found I really didn't need to and was left at home pottering about.  The drive home on monday was much safer too!