"Secert" resales

Redwinevino

Just now, Glasto Mart said:

Do you have the details? Would like to add myself, just in case. #strawclutcher :)

someone called chris is admin for it and only he can add people to the one i'm in. I would say use the check page that Neil set up as a preference (was the quickest off the mark last year!)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Do you have the details? Would like to add myself, just in case. #strawclutcher :)

Yeah, Chris is cityboy75 on here, and Robbie was running two groups on here last year. Can't remember his user name at the moment though.

Edit: It's T Mouse!

Edited by musky

I have a habit of avoiding the forums and anything glastonbury related until I have tickets...because I'm weird like that, but now we missed out on the resale too I've decided to stop being so silly! I've signed up for Neil's page checker, entered competitions and fired off emails to various volunteering outfits on the off chance. Good luck all, it's not over until it really is over!

I don't want to deter folks or give false hope but it's damn hard to get tickets in the secret resale as I know from past experiences. Missed out by seconds last year.

My tips are to keep up to date with resale forum news, have a reliable webchecker that provides live immediate reports and make yourself available when a resale appears imminent. You literally need to sit with your laptop/computer/tablet/phone at the ready.

Last year news of an imminent resale was fever pitch for a week before it actually happened one midweek afternoon. Then wham bam....all over in less than 10 minutes.

Good luck to everyone 

4 hours ago, marigold83 said:

Think I've figure it out!? 

Googe checkpage.co.uk which brings you to the checker page fill out details and wait for validation email to be sent. 

Cheers bud,found if typed in checkpage manually instead of clicking link it worked ok. Signed up although dubious. Really hope works those as trying for someone and they would lose their shit if works,fingers and nuts crossed

9 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Cheers bud,found if typed in checkpage manually instead of clicking link it worked ok. Signed up although dubious. Really hope works those as trying for someone and they would lose their shit if works,fingers and nuts crossed

You're doing this for someone else? You must have a kinder disposition than myself, as I'm not sure I could go through that stress again on somebody else's behalf. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, musky said:

You're doing this for someone else? You must have a kinder disposition than myself, as I'm not sure I could go through that stress again on somebody else's behalf. :unsure:

I did this last year and it was the best feeling when I grabbed tickets for him in a sale which lasted 1 or 2 minutes at most.

10 minutes ago, musky said:

The joy of watching them lose their shit if I secretly get them a ticket far outweighs the stress,although saying that I'd have easily punched someone out this morning when the sold out sign went up lol. Keeping everything crossed still and have a granny I'd willingly sell if could get one

That feeling when you get the tickets is indescribable. When I missed out last year I didn't actually feel gutted, it was a feeling of sheer disbelief. I just couldn't believe it was over so quickly.

It must be another leisurely 10+ minutes this year - we're due one. :)

I got my dad a ticket in the secret resale in 2013, having promised to get him a ticket in the resale and failing miserably. So he got to make his return to Glastonbury to see his favourite band (The Stones). Nothing beats making that phone call to say "you're going to Glastonbury". I think the wait, although excruciating, does make it feel all the more special. Just as you've all but given up hope...

19 minutes ago, basicminds said:

Does anyone know what the ticket limit has been in secret resales before?  Missed out on 3 tickets today!

Last year it was 4 for GA tix, think coach is also 2, but wasn't looking for coach tickets and can't remember if there was a coach one 

I've secured tickets in the secret re-sales - best way for me was to install the Google Chrome page monitor, then set it to check ever second.

It will make a loud 'cuckoo' when the booking page changes :) Just leave your laptop on - easier if your someone who works at a laptop.

Good luck lovely people x

14 minutes ago, slipmatt said:

I've secured tickets in the secret re-sales - best way for me was to install the Google Chrome page monitor, then set it to check ever second.

It will make a loud 'cuckoo' when the booking page changes :) Just leave your laptop on - easier if your someone who works at a laptop.

Good luck lovely people x

Sorry to ask stupid questions...but how is this different to Niel's page checker? Would it be a good idea to have both?

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Sorry to ask stupid questions...but how is this different to Niel's page checker? Would it be a good idea to have both?

The one in Chrome sends a desktop audio & visual notification. Neil's one texts and emails you. Having used both last year I can confirm Neil's one is noticibly quicker. Good luck! :)

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

The one in Chrome sends a desktop audio & visual notification. Neil's one texts and emails you. Having used both last year I can confirm Neil's one is noticibly quicker. Good luck! :)

Oh, cool...is there any problem with using both?

And also, is Neil's able to to text weird foreign numbers?