Ticket Briefing

Smashers

31 minutes ago, redrog said:

Is this right? I thought hitting refresh and then "resubmit form" was the way to go?

I can never remember what I do, but that's three times now on this forum that someone has posted that you press back rather than refresh, so I'm presuming it's true

12 hours ago, redrog said:

Is this right? I thought hitting refresh and then "resubmit form" was the way to go?

If you refresh at that point you will lose the booking, I've had the payment page hang before and this method worked, definitely press back.

Charm x

Just to be clear - if the first screen (where you put the IDs in) auto refreshes you will not lose anything. You just need to make sure auto refresh is off before you go through to stage two.

We've got tickets the last three times using the auto-refresh extension on Chrome.

One other thing, if you reach the payment page and it never comes back with confirmation then keep trying to get through in another browser - it could be that the payment gateway you're on has crashed. That's what happened to me last October. I foolishly kept going back and re-trying after time-outs but unknown to me, I was on a dead server. (which see tickets admitted to at the time). 09:20 until 09:40 failing - massively frustrating.

The process seems to go in stages - step 1 getting the see tickets refresh page; once on that, you're waiting (refreshing) for a slot through to the registration processors; once through that step, everything is relatively stable filling out the form confirming everything - being calm and careful here is a good thing; next once you've filled out the registration stuff you're sent off to the payment processor. I've no clue if the payment processor is tightly linked to the registration form processor - it seems so, because no matter how many times I went back and through, my payment never came back, I was on the dead server. So keep trying on a different browser all the time while you're going through the process.

I love this thread! great checklist. I always worry that i'm doing something wrong, I think you become quite superstitious about getting tickets i.e. You'll only be successful if using a certain browser on a certain type of device standing on one leg and wearing your lucky pants!!  

also so regarding the back button if you get to the payment screen and press confirm and it says sold out or a crashed screen still keep trying the back button i got mine almost 20 mins after it said it had sold out in october and at the time there were a few people posting that they had done the same as well 

yes that's what think but also it does say your ticket will be save for ten minutes and will surely be taken off the amount available on seetickets system and if people are giving up they will go back into the pot so well worth trying your luck