Lana Del Rey - still a possibility?

Ollie9917

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m torn over LDR, Norman... is an incredible album but her reputation for being abysmal live leave me fearful she won’t do it justice on stage.

Ok nice I'm glad I used the search function to retrieve this thread from the depths and post a momentous collaboration for you to change the topic.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m torn over LDR, Norman... is an incredible album but her reputation for being abysmal live leave me fearful she won’t do it justice on stage.

I'd love her to headline the Other to a crowd who is there to see her with a good 75/90 minute set. I think that would be fantastic.

I think she's sub the Pyramid though, and that's a tough slot especially when your music is quite mellow. The XX did it, so there's definitely hope and she has the tunes for it, but it'd be tough.

I love LDR's records, I don't care if it's a schtick or an act.. i'm buying what she's selling. I've heard enough and seen enough of her live clips to agree with people that she isn't always dynamic live act but I would still love to see her and if that could be at Glasto all the better. 

It really seems like her problem is nerves in front of a large crowd. When I've seen stuff of her performing live in a studio or small venue she can sound just like the records. The absolute dream of a fantasy festival would be Lana doing a teeny tiny secret set in the Crows Nest..☺️

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I'd love her to headline the Other to a crowd who is there to see her with a good 75/90 minute set. I think that would be fantastic.

I think she's sub the Pyramid though, and that's a tough slot especially when your music is quite mellow. The XX did it, so there's definitely hope and she has the tunes for it, but it'd be tough.

Agreed on Other, or a slightly smaller stage where her gift shtick doesn't cut out 80% of the audience.

I was third row for her pyramid set a few years ago and found it utterly captivating. I know it looked shit on telly, maybe it was the beer, love and the sunshine, but I loved it. 

Found her albums to be excellent in parts since then... But Normal Fucking Rockwell is just a complete masterpiece. It's stunning. Got tickets to see her in February on her tour, so not fussed if she plays Glastonbury. Hopefully she works in an arena. Guess she could be a Other headliner (on an ordinary year) or third on Pyramid.

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pretty poorly. I wasn’t there but I’ve not heard good things.

(Sorry, I’m making it about me again)

Interesting, I was there and I thought it was astounding.

That was also the same summer I got cast in the DC Batman and Justice League reboots so I certainly know what a disappointing show looks like. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not entirely sure why expressing a concern about Lana Del Ray’s less than stellar reputation  as a live act on a thread about Lana Del Ray has offended Dental so, but there you go...

Apparently it’s all about me.

Man it’s nothing. Just annoying that I saw this video that I was blown away by and thought others here would appreciate too. Searched for this thread, shared it and then literally three minutes later (bearing in mind the video is 5 min long) you’ve seen the thread is back on page 1, ignored it and gone on with your own musing that is already something mentioned every time Lana is; skipping a video of Lana live to express worry about what Lana is like live! Anyway I thought it was poor form, others don’t - guess I’m wrong. No biggie.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Man it’s nothing. Just annoying that I saw this video that I was blown away by and thought others here would appreciate too. Searched for this thread, shared it and then literally three minutes later (bearing in mind the video is 5 min long) you’ve seen the thread is back on page 1, ignored it and gone on with your own musing that is already something mentioned every time Lana is; skipping a video of Lana live to express worry about what Lana is like live! Anyway I thought it was poor form, others don’t - guess I’m wrong. No biggie.

So you’re upset that someone else on the internet didn’t take the time to marvel at your contribution?

Fuck it, I’m going to bed.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Irons said:

How is LDR's 2014 set regarded round these 'ere parts?

Worst thing I've ever seen on The Pyramid. 

Admittedly I only arrived for the last 20 minutes and had gone to watch the following act but it was dreadful. 

I actually loved Lana's Pyramid set in 2014.  Went down really well where we were standing . Absolutely huge crowd though and I'd argue it was quite early in her career to pull off pleasing everyone in that massive field.

NFR is an absolute masterpiece and I've got tickets to see her next year.   

I dreamed that Lana came back to my place after a gig, for some reason. But my parents were also there and they were ruining the vibe. Plus she had some big security guy with her that kept giving me a dirty look as if to say "stay the fuck back". I had the Glastonbury 50 book on the table and I was trying to show her it but people kept distracting her with other rubbish and then I woke up  :(