Lana Del Rey - still a possibility?

Ollie9917

56 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

my music taste is dire.

It's not, she was great.

I don't think she would be anywhere other than 3rd down Other/JP though, she hasn't grown since last time and with the depth this year she's not someone I see bumping up but I don't see Radio 1 Weekend being the only one, a warm up for a later Glasto spot defo possible. 3rd down Other when The National are on would be perfect.

1 minute ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Oh yes I know. As a fan I know she would have been so much better in a tent like John Peel. I suppose she was too big for that though.

I thought she was bloody great. She'd had a lot of negative press and doubts about her voice when playing live before the festival. And I thought she nailed it from where we were watching. And she looked awesome. Mrs Woffy got all swoony. 

Lana was great in 2014. Got the weather she deserved too (pissed it down straight after). Can't see her coming back this year though as she surely would have been on the poster.

She hasn't toured here in a while so suspect/hope that will come later in the year.

27 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Clean Bandit are already confirmed 

So they are, I'll stand for them 3 then to be announced out of them but Sean Paul wouldn't be a shock. We had 14 off of the two main stages last year but in 2015 20 acts played from the two main stages, Soak might have but I'm unsure where I would look to see. 

So based on that, ID, LDR, I guess we have to say The Amazons as they aren't confirmed yet, Dua Lipa, one of Twin Atlantic/Mura Masa and Christine would be very possible and that goes up to 19. When Emily says most of the big acts, none of them bar ID would be considered that I doubt, Lana might. This is without every TBC/SR we have as well.

Edited by thewayiam

Enjoyed Lana del Rey on the pyramid the other year. I remember there being a stand off with a dirty set of black clouds to the right of the stage and blue skies to the left which made it quite dramatic.

The sweary version of God's and monsters is my fave ( not sure if there is a  non sweary version)

• 2 months later...
On 19/07/2017 at 1:01 PM, MattDavies__ said:

she must be looking at arenas for a full tour 

"full tour" :lol::(

This album's good stuff once again. Admittedly, for me, it's missing the widescreen beauty of Honeymoon and the songs where there's an eye on a hip hop/trap production don't work for the most part but yeah it's still achingly lush throughout.

Edited by dentalplan

Really enjoyed Lana del rey in 2014 would love to see her on the line up in 2019 again. Havent heard new album yet so will have to give that a listen. Also have a very large school boy crush on her not going to lie!